cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe interactive form for material creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please Let me know how to create an Interactive adobe form for material master creation. And also please give me an idea or the concept behind interactive adobe form. Bcoz i'm quite familiar with print forms but not Interactive forms.

Hoping for a reply.....

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Please check the below link that contains all the links about Interactive Forms.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/interactiveforms

The below is what sap documentation says about Interactive forms.

As of SAP NetWeaver ’04 (in SAP Web Application Server), you can use a new solution to create interactive forms and print forms for the optimization of your form-based business processes. This solution uses Portable Document Format (PDF) and software from Adobe Systems Inc. that has been integrated into the SAP environment.

You can create interactive forms in PDF format that allow users to fill out the form on the screen and save their entries in XML format in the form. When the SAP system receives the PDF form, it extracts the data saved in the form, and can process it further.

You can also merge a form template with current system data to generate a PDF document that can then be printed or sent by e-mail.

SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe offer you the following business advantages:

● Interactive functions automate the creation of data for SAP systems

● Full integration into the SAP development environments for Java and ABAP

● User-friendly tools reduce the time and costs associated with creating form layouts.

● The usage of the PDF format means that forms retain their appearance regardless of the environment they are used in.

Coming to your requirement about material master creation interactive form...

Please check the below high level steps required.

1. You first need to set up the infrastructure (Java Stack is required)

2. Indentify the fields you want to fill for material master creation

3. BUild a INteractive form using Adobe LiveCycle Designer

4. Call necessary BAPIs for material master creation, if none are available, then you may have to create RFC function module to do that.

Thanks

Ramakrishna