cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate did not do a deploy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using NWDI for a simple html page with supporting files (images, stylesheet, etc.) so that we can use it for migrating through our set of servers.

Two DCs were created, a web module and an enterprise application. The ear file can be deployed fine to a local NWDW and works ok. When the DCs were checked in and activated, the ear was built (according to the logs) but the files were not deployed to the development system specified in the track.

I realize using NWDI for these files is a bit overkill, but in our environment the servers are locked down and this is the easiest way of migrating from dev through to prod.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Cindy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy

What I have seen is that inorder to force a deployment, you will have to make a dummy change on the enterprise application project not just web module. Doing so enforces the creation of a deployable archive. Changes on the web module alone only creates build archives and doesnt deploy on activation

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've tried both suggestions with no success.

Thanks for trying to help. We will deploy it manually until we find a final solution. I will post the final result once we get it working (if we can).

Marco - I'm sorry I could not award any points. I kept getting errors when trying to award any points.

Thanks,

Cindy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It ended up being a wrong SDM password in the track definition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check if the SDM credentials are correct by opening the Substitution Variables table underneath the connection settings (click the icon on the right). If opening takes a long time and the table is empty, your credentials are incorrect.

0 Kudos

Look at the end of note 754143. Perhaps that will help....

Best regards, Marco