cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDS 2.0.9 - Exception Launching the Eclipse Platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed Netweaver Developer Studio 2.0.9 and am getting the following error in the log file when I attempt to launch Developer Studio.

On the same machine I have also installed the entire WAS, Portals and KM stack 9. All of these are running well.

Any help is appreciated. I am new to Java and this Developer Studio. I have done some searching on SDN, SAP notes and the internet and have the impression that I am missing some reference in a path statement or something similar but have not run into anything similar enough to help me determine what exactly I'm doing wrong.

Again, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

!SESSION -

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 Jan 18, 2005 09:33:42.359

!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:

!STACK

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/update/core/IFeatureReference

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1618)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1930)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:278)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.createExecutableExtension(PluginDescriptor.java:138)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.createExecutableExtension(PluginDescriptor.java:167)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:103)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.loaderGetRunnable(InternalPlatform.java:578)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.getRunnable(InternalBootLoader.java:471)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:854)

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:789)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:607)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Paula,

this is the most basic java exception everybody of us has seen in the beginning years of java a lot (classpath). Because of that applications of today all have their ways to get around this in any case. The only reason I see is that your installation went wrong.

Please install again and check the messages you get there attentively.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

This did not help. I received no indication during the installation of NDS that anything was wrong. The only thing the installation even asks for as far as java goes is the path to the SDK.

I still don't understand what I am doing wrong even though all indications are that this is a simple fix. But what is the fix? I'm still missing something here.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Paula,

then next step is to check whether you installation source is OK. I'd say you have to download again, as this looks like your inst sources are corrupt.

Also it may be usefull to watch the sapinst logs that should be in a directory named that way.

Regards,

Benny