cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting an activity

0 Kudos

Hi,

I did an import of an empty development configuration.

Then I create a new Java DC abc/mytest with the wizzard and new activity named TestActivity.

Now there is an open activity with some default created files inside.

After that I revert and delete it (and I did no changes on axisting files, integrate new files or checkin this activity).

For my imagination the activity is now deleted, but....:

If I look in the tab Closed Activities I saw my old actvity in there in closed state.

There is no contend inside excepting some empty paths:

- abc

- abc/mytest

- abc/mytest/newdc

- abc/mytest/newdc/_comp

The DTR also has the same folder structure:

inactive->DCs->example.org->tst->newdc->_comp

Did I do something wrong? Why is the activity and content inside the dtr not completely deleted?

Thanks and best regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DeMarco

It should have been completely deleted, if you check the icon it should have a not mounted sign on it, which means it is not physically connected to a file system. So it should be okay as long as u see those folders but unmounted.

Regards

Pran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Pran, thanks for your answers,

but I think there is a little mistake, because I'm talking about a folder structure that I saw with the web interface dtr repository browser and the activity is found in closed state with the dtr webintreface tool (system-tools->reports->Activity Search).

Thanks for trying to help, but I think this is a little "feature".

If I'm getting further information I will inform....

Regards Marco

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. But I make some additional tests. If you manually create an activity; create and insert some new files in that activity und then revert and delete it nothing happens in the dtr and the deleted activity also does not appear in the Closed Activities tab. As we expected.

It seems that when a wizzard is taken for creating a DC some of the content will automatically be checked in and will not be removed by reverting & deleting this activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DeMarco

If you notice those folders in the DTR have blue icon , which signifies they are local files in your

PC and not checked into the DTR. You can verify this by browsing the DTR on another machine or through the DTR webview

Regards

Pran