cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Central Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to setup central monitoring on our Solution Manager 3.2 based on WAS 620 server, to monitor our NW04 640 Basis Landscape.

I've performed the setup tasks as per the SAP PDF 'Configuring the Monitoring Architecture' document, but RZ20 on the central system is not showing anything from the remote system?

I'm using the RFC method from CEN to remote system using CSMREG for the collection of data/analyse, do I still need to setup the CCMS agent for SAPCCM4X ? the dolcument says these agents are not required if you use the RFC method ?

Is there anything I need to do in RZ20 on the central system to pick up the remote system monitors?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dirk_jenrich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Hi

>

> Problems was RZ20 was not showing the remote system,

> I had to activate maintenance then create a new monitor

> set, this then showed the remote system on the monitor > set.

As I said, don't expect any data from remote systems in the SAP monitor templates, because most of the monitor definitions contain the rule CCMS_DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS

with the parameter R3System = <CURRENT>. So, create your own monitors.

Just an example: in RZ20, activate maintenance functions, and copy the monitor template "Entire System" to your own monitor set. Then, edit this monitor. Mark the rule node CCMS_DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS, edit the node, and change the parameter R3System to <ALL>. Save and generate the new monitor. Can you see data of the remote systems now?

HTH

Dirk

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk

I generated the new monitors for my remote systems on the central system through RZ21 --> Monitors Sets --> Create --> then generated the monitor design required using the template on the remote system, this pulls in the data from the remote system, rather than the local central system, I then created properties variants on the remote systems,s o I can tune the settings and setup email alerts via auto reactgion method.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I had set up CSMREG user, all the RZ21 was setup correctly, and I could see the system in the add remote system.

Problems was RZ20 was not showing the remote system, I had to activate maintenance then create a new monitor set, this then showed the remote system on the monitor set.

dirk_jenrich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so I suppose you did the following things:

Activation of background and central system dispatching (Transaction RZ21 --> Methode execution).

Creation of CSMREG user (RZ21 --> Create CSMREG user)

Creation of a remote monitoring entry for every monitored system with two RFC destinations (with the RFC destination for collecting data defined with user CSMREG and the password of CSMREG entered in the definition of the destination).

If you did that you should see the monitored systems in transaction RZ20. Some more hints:

Using the RFC destinations mentioned above, the registration of SAPCCM4X is optional.

Have a look in the topology browser (RZ21 --> Topology --> System Overview). Can you see the monitored systems there? Check the communication status by choosing the pushbutton "Test single connection".

Keep in mind that most monitor templates from the monitor set "SAP CCMS Monitor Templates" only show the local system by definition. If you want to see remote systems, create your own monitors. Or just copy the template, and change the root rule (usually DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS) from <CURRENT> to <ALL>. More information about that you'll find here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/08/1f5a3b0013ae73e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Dirk