cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage issue of tables as input/output parameters for dataservice in VC7 SP9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, guys!

I'm using VC7.0 SP09 which has new functionality (as per other posts here) - the possibility to use tables as input/output parameters for data service.

That's what I would like to try out.

So, let me describe first how far I have got:

*) I have created function module in R3 with 3 table parameters. Tested in R3 using a quick test program. Result: function module works fine.

*) In VC I am able to find this function module;

*) Put it in VC model;

*) At first all three table parameters are as output parameters. Right-click -> Flip Port; as a result table1 and table2 are changed to be input parameters;

*) Then I connect one table view1 to table1-input_port; and another table view2 to table2-input_port; both table views get data from two separate query data services;

*) The 3rd table view is used with the table3-output_port to show the processed result of my function module.

ISSUE:

1) table view1 & table view2 both have more than 2 lines of data; however it seems that only the first line of each table view is being passed to function-module...

Do I do something wrong here?

2) In function module I append both input-tables into output table; plus append two more hard-coded lines in output table. Thus there should be minimum two lines in resulting output table. However several times (after deploying and testing VC model) there is returned no result at all...

Note: I can select first two (empty) rows in resulting table. Thus it seems that result has been returned, but is not showing up.

So, could somebody share his/her experience with this new VC7 SP09 functionality? And have you experienced similar issues?

--- Kaspars

P.S. And sorry for the lengthy post.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind. Solved myself. Simple issue.

Watch out for table view properties. Should be unselectable. If not, then only auto-selected row will be used.

--- Kaspars

Message was edited by:

Kaspars Osis