cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Throughput Capabilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum,

has anybody an idea about which throughput and cycle times are possible with XI (under the assumption that the machine is not loaded).

We have a request to have an info within 1 sec. in the R/3 system. Is this possible (with reasonable HW) or is the XI overhead that big that we cannot go down to such figures?

BTW: Am I right thinking that proxy communication is the most performant way of communicating (since no adapters are used).

I am interested in your experience.

Cheers,

helge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

A lot of parameters missing from your scenario.

How is the message getting into XI from the non-R/3 system ? Hopefully some kind of push from legacy system versus a poll on a time interval.

What function is it calling in R/3 ? If it is creating a 100 line sales order, it won't finish in one second.

I'd say it is theoretically possible, but on a regular production environment where the workload is more dynamic in XI and R/3, you will not be able to have this level of throughput all the time.

Short answer, no.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>BTW: Am I right thinking that proxy communication is the most performant way of communicating (since no adapters are used).</i>

SAP recommends to use proxies to communicate / integrate with an SAP system as it provides very good performance even when the loads are extremely high.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

thanks for the overview. We will now design our solution and I'll post my experience.

Even if this will be mid next year though.

Cheers,

helge

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used Sender RFC Adapter to get contract price from an external oracle system. The best time that we got from XI is 2 seconds. My client is OK with it. It is used while entering sales orders. On the external Oracle database we used stored procedures.

I think the time can be brought down to 1 sec if you use proxies.

Regards

Venkat Dittakavi