cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building EAR-file with ant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As NetWeaver Developer Studio does not support different targets for building an application archive, I’m trying to use ant to do the work. But of course ant does not provide a SAP_MANIFEST.MF file.

Is there any command line tool available that creates the missing file? Or do I have to write my own ant task and guess what should be included in the file?

As the developer studio creates the file, there must be something on my disk that knows how to build that file automatically. Maybe this can be used within ant?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the com.sap.sdm.ant.jarSAP Task.

this is exactly for these purposes.

Greetings Ulf

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can also take the EAR file built by Ant and deploy using the Deploy Tool.

hope this helps

RD

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

the thing that builds EAR's for Web AS is Ant. However, those Ant files are not documented and I have no clue where to find them. But nobody prevents you from using the SAP projexcts, add you own Ant files and run them to deploy on different targets.

BTW: what is your reason to deploy to different targets? I guess it's different products? Hopefully you don't think to serve a cluster that way, as this is done by WebAS itself...

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

I want to use ant to build ear files for our development, test or production system without having to edit the configuration files manually. For example, up to now I have copied a web.xml.test to web.xml if I had to create an ear file for our test system. Using ant I simply call ant with the according target and it adapts the differing parts of the configuration files and puts all the stuff together.

But maybe you know a better way to deal with this issue? I'm not really sure if ant is the silver bullet for this...

Best regards,

Frank

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Definitely not.

For a detailed discussion you should read the NetWeaver Master Guide. In short it gives you several ways to do this. A full blown system has you working with Java Development Environment. That means you will test locally (on your computer or on a group server), then hand over by releasing your code to DTR and the system then will deploy to the central test system. Once all of this is doen, you can deploy from the JDI to a production system aka do a "transport" in Java.

By the way, it is quite easy to configure the studio to deploy to a different system - it's in the preferences.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks much more sophisticated than my home made ant solution indeed. But I guess it will take quite some time to get this run...

Nevertheless, thanks for the hint!

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benny,

Can you give me a high level view and steps necessary of to and how to modify the standard SAP ISA. I have installed Netweaver Studio, j2ee engine 6.30 local server on xp. I have downloaded the build tool.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

sunil