cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Stack and Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the ABAP stack "client" is a very important concept.

Why there is no "client" concept in Java stack? When I login to java stack, why there is no entry for client?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can have multiple clients in an XI system but only one can keep the role of the Integration Server. All other clients may act as application systems (most probably not done in reality).

In a double-stack installation the J2EE engine is always connected to one client in the ABAP system. In a XI system this is always the client where the Integration Server is running.

The reason why there is no client conecpt in a J2EE engine is that only java applications are running there. There are no tables containing business data as we know this from ABAP.

Hope this helps,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen. That gives me enough to understand the concept.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP R/3 has concept of Client. ABAP Stack or the Integration engine is nothing but a client of R/3.

JAVA stack is based on concept of J2EE.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijaya, I can install XI with no R3, in that case when the pipeline runs what client will the ABAP stack use?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

ABAP stack will you any client that you will

configure as the integration engine

(SXMB_ADM) - only one of course

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal, I am not sure if I understand your response, I am sorry. If you don't mind can you please explain a little bit more?