cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archivelink and scan client software

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are setting up a simple archivelink system: linking scanned invoices to FI documents in R3.

The storage is in the R3 database and since we don't have such a mass volume of documents, we are satisfied with the standard archielink solution and we think that we can manage without buying an expensive third party archiving tool.

The only problem we encounter is in the scanning part: When using a third party tool (like Ixos for example) the image is linked directly from the scan client to R3 and is linked to the object.

I can't manage sending commands to my scanner, it seems that those parameters have to be maintained in 'applications' part of AL customizing.

If anyone has any hints or tips on how to do this, please post them here and I will reward them with lots of reward points !

Thank you very much

Ronen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you work with the content server or a R3 database you use the HTTP interface. SAP Content Server and R3 Database repository don't support the OLE archiveLink scenario. What you could do is the following:

1. Early archiving: you scan into the file system. You write a report that is archiving the documents via the SCMS API of Kpro. Then you start the workflow.

2. Late archiving: you scan into the file system with a list barcode -> filename. Then you write a report which is calling BAPI_BARCODE_SENDLIST and the images are linked with the BO object.

The reports have to be planned as jobs.

Best regards

Torsten