cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum model size of 32k reached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've reached the maximum model size of 32k.

The problem is that the dashboard I'm creating is still only a fifth of what the final solution will be.

So now I'm trying to think of ways to split the model into five models. And hopefully still maintain communication between the models.

Anyone have any ideas?

My thoughts this far is to have a "main" model that implements four other models through the "HTML view".

The best solution would be to implement the other models as external IViews but I don't know if it's possible.

BR

//Robin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

one good approach is also to work with nested iViews. Try to regroup logical units into nested iViews. That should even work keeping the iViews within a model.

The good side effect may be that this way using eventing you create reusable elements.

I hope this will help,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thanks for the quick response

I found the note explaining that nesting IViews could be a solution.

Im trying it as I write... And it worked.

But the model is growing so big the compilation time is a problem. I would still prefer to split it if there is a good way to do that.

I've tried the HTML-view approach and it semi works. The problem is that the HTML-view covers a drop-down I have as navigation in a form in the top of the screen.

//Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Nested iviews is the best choice (as Michael said).

For your problems with compilation time, you can create separeted packages (or models) to compile less things.

In the portal you can link the separated compiled iviews into a page.

Regards, Hamilton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamilton

I've been thinking of the possibility to break it down to several models.

My model in short:

Navigation on top.

Four different views beneath that changes with navigation.

I'm not sure if it's possible to layer separate IViews like that in a portal page. But the prefered solution would be to have navigation as a separate IView on top and the rest layered beneath.

Do you think it's possible?

BR

Robin

0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

you can create one iView where you have the main navigation. So in each layer, just drag in one of the nested iviews.

This just to rephrase what you said. That said, I think your approach is the appropriate and good one.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I think I'm not explaining my problem properly

I have created my model in the way that you described it. But it's just One model. And it's growing too big. Compilation is taking too much time and I sometimes get the 32k error message.

What I would like to do is to split the model into several models. Ex: 1 model with navigation and 1 model for each view. But I dont know how to do this.

I know that I could have 2 models in separate IViews in a portal page that could communicate through events. But I don't know how to put 2 IViews on top of each other and toggle between them.

What I hope will be implemented in VC is the ability to create an IView that links directly to another precompiled model.

BR

/Robin

0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I think it should look as on teh Visual Composer Modelers Guide , page 74 (the printed 74 or the 79 on the pdf -counter).

Here you ahve a view on the layers. And instead of having tables and forms you just have nested iViews here..

You would connect the nested iViews. Would that help?

Michael