cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on identifier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I have a problem with the addon identifier. while development, i can use the development addon identifier in the source code of my addon. so far, it's ok. but what if I distribute my addon, do I have for every customer generate a solution addon identifier and recompile my addon??? or is the addon-identifier passed automatically to my addon from the SAP B1 application like the connectionstring? i'm confused

thanks for help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When you distribute your addon you must generate a solution addon identifier and recompile your addon.

Nevertheles you only need to do it once, several clients can work with the same solution addon identifier.

Your clients then need to ask a special license for your addon (the license will match with the License Key Name you will use to create your addon solution identifier)

Hope it helps

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you, it helped a little bit.

so the solution addon identifier isn't based on a specific SAP B1 installation is it?

I have to generate my solution identifier with my SAP B1, recompile my code and then I can distribute the addon to several clients.

But to generate the solution addon identifier I need a license key name. Where can I get this key name? I tried it with some different strings an allways got the error 100000045. And on the other hand, how can get my clients the licence for my addon? Is there SAP involved? I planned to make my own licence key system for the addon. is that necessarily?

thanks for your help

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You should ask your SAP contact for the License Key Name, for the moment there is no automatic web page to do it.

Once you have one license key name for your addon solution you can generate your AddOnIdentifier, put it in your code, compile your addon solution and make your installer. The installer is then ready to be used by your customers.

The only thing is your customers will need a special license for running your addon. When they (or you in their place) will ask for the license file for running SAP Business One they must also ask for a special license to run your addon.

You don't need a special mechanishm for creating license keys for your addon, they will receive it in the license key file together with the other SAP Busines One licenses types.

Hope it helps

Trinidad.

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes thanks, now i understand.