cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASN

alam_ansari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Currently I am working on a wholesale distributor Project, that is importing goods from Europe for distribution in North America. As such they often order goods from a single or multiple vendors for delivery to the closest European port where these goods are loaded onto a Container prior to shipment to Canada. They take ownership of the goods at the European port, and their carrier then provides them information about when the container is planned to arrive in Canada and reach their warehouse. Once the Container arrives at their warehouse they offload it and verify that they received everything that was expected to be on the container. They put the goods away into their warehouse following their receipt.

From a systems/SAP standpoint we need to know what goods have been delivered to a particular Container number and track the arrival date of the Container (with potential that this date might change a couple of times before the Container arrives). We are trying to identify the best way to handle this process in SAP.

Since they own the stock at the European port – we may need to process receipts at that port into an interim storage location and then setup a Plant to Plant stock transport PO so that we can still have an ASN linked to the PO information and thereby track the Container number and it’s contents.

These are some of my initial thoughts on this. If someone has worked on similar environment before and business set up in SAP, please send me the details and config settings and if you have a different solution or if this solution should be workable and how much time you think it might take to setup on a demo system that alreay has a working SAP configuration. That would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you still working on this requirement. If you have finallied the solution please share it with the group