Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of Fields in SXMB_MONI

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have some confusion about the information displayed in transaction SXMB_MONI. Can you help to confirm whether my understanding is correct?

1. In synchronous scenario, one typical Caller -> XI -> Callee procedure will have 4 messages logged in SXMB_MONI. They are as following:

Sender (message sent from sender adapter to IE)

Response (resposne message from IE to sender adapter)

Central (message sent from IE to receiver adapter)

Response (message sent from receiver adapter to IE)

Sender and central messages share a message ID. The two response messages share one ID.

Is my understanding correct?

2. In asynchronous scenario, one typical Sender -> XI -> Receiver procedure has 1 message logged.

That message contains 2 parts CENTRAL and PE_ADAPTER. What's the meaning of these two parts?

That message can be divided into inbound message, receiver grouping, response and call adapter. What's the meaning of each part?

Thanks + Best Regards

Jerome

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In sync, scenario, generally 2 messages will be there in SXMB_MONI. But if you use BPM, then you will be having 4 messages.

PE_ADAPTER -PE stands for Process Engine. These all are pipeline steps in XI.

This link may help u-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ff/3eb33b553e436ee10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

moorthy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation.

I checked the pipeline SAP_CENTRAL. It contains the following pipeline steps:

Receiver Identification

Interface Determination

Message Branch According to Receiver List

Request Message Mapping

Technical Routing

Call Adapter

Request Message Mapping

But in SXMB_MONI, I double click on the "central" item in the left-top window and didn't find the last pipeline step "Request Message Mapping". By double clicking on the "response" item, I found there's a "Request Message Mapping" after the "Call Adapter". May I aske what's the reason for such a display?

Thanks, Jerome

Message was edited by: Jerome Zhao