cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation Step Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am developing a BPM with a Transformation step. I am getting "Expression must return the interface type" error.

My Interface Mapping points two abstract interfaces, one from the same SWCV and namespace as that of BPM and another from a different SWCV and namespace.

Since I am not able to create a container variable for the abstract Message Interface from the other SWCV and namespace, I am not sure whether creating the abstract message interface in the same SWCV as that of BPM is the only choice I have.

Please let me know for any other ways of creating a Container variable from a different SWCV to avoid such an error.

Thanks,

-Padmaja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that the variable to define the abstract interface should be in the same SWCV

if you want to use that in other SWCV, you should redefine the interface or you can depend it on other SWCV as Krishna Moorthy P said

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo and Krishna Moorthy,

Thanks for your replies.

I am able to add the SWCV into that of mine and create a container variable with the imported abstract message interface. But I got the same error even then. The only way I am able to get rid of the error is to import the ABS Message Interface of the other SWCV into that of BPM. I am not sure what am I missing here. Can you please throw some more light into this.

Thanks,

-Padmaja

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If you want to use the abs message interface from different SWCV, then make the SWCV dependednt on the other on. So make use of SWC Dependency concept-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create adstract interface...and container element accepts only adstract interfaces.....and if you any synchronous interface then you need to divide that one into two adstract interfaces and add in the container as two different messages and call at the properties of transformation step...

Amaresh