cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA - Problem with RFC output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Everyone.

This is my first question on this very helpful forums.

Im using the RFC function BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA to collect data about employees from R/3. When I test this function on the R/3 system with transaction SE37 I get in the Organization table the Business Unit Code in a field and the corresponding text label in the field ORGTXT. However when I run this BAPI from my WebDynpro application, I get the Business Unit Code allright but the corresponding text label is blank. So my question is:

Is it possible that the output I see with transaction SE37 in R/3 is different from the actual output of the function when called thru RFC?

If not, why do you think I'm not getting the text label?

If affirmative, what can I do to obtain said text label?.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and your attention.

Francisco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

BAPI is a functional module which supports

RemoteFunctionCall.It has own import and Export Parameters.So when u give the input to BAPI,it will fetch the available data in R/3 as per the BAPI's Business Logic.No matter where u r using it.

The Following possible scenorio's may be the reason that u r not geeting that

ORGTXT field :

1.The ORGTXT field is blank when no data for the Corresponding input. (Check with Different Inputs)

(or)

2.While Mapping U might not selected that ORGTXT field in the model to Component Context.

(or)

3.U might not selected that ORGTXT field in the Component/Custom Context to View Context.

(or)

4.Check ur Data Binding.

ThankYou,

Regards,

Ramganesh K.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that the cause of the problem was in the language parameter of my JCO security parameters. I had them in EN while my R/3 system has its texts stored in spanish. Thats why it wasn't returning the text fields correctly. Once I set the language parameter correctly it worked fine.

Thanks everyone for your help and your time.

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone.

I checked again my bindings, they were fine, I can also see that because other fields from the same output node do come up fine like ORG_UNIT.

I did a new application with all the input and output fields for the BAPI i'm using to follow Valery's advice and try to see if the problem were the default values. This did not work either. But when I did this I saw that there are several fields both in the input parameters and the output tables that never show when testing the function in R/3 thru transaction SE37. I found one thats called Textflag, which always comes as FALSE. This field never comes up when I test the function in R/3, I think it might have something to do with my problem. Any thoughts on why I might be getting this behavior?

Thanks again for all your time, and your helpful suggestions.

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francisco,

When you are executing RFC from SAP GUI, the SAP GUI applies all default values automatically.

However, Adaptive RFC Model you are using from WD does not apply default values for input parameters.

So open again RFC in SAP GUI and check what parameters get defaults. Then in your WD code set these default values explicitly.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net