cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM55SP4 Hot fix2 - Linux-Windows & DB problems:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the following system landscape - MDM Server is installed on one UNIX system, MDM Components are installed on a Windows 2003 Server SP1 – Terminal server and Database server is installed on a different UNIX system. All the systems are in the same domain. We are having the following problems:

1)We are not able to "Export Repository Schema" which is one of the cool features of SP4. We are getting an error

which says, "Error generating schema" and the mds process on Linux MDM server just hangs. Is our Linux MDM Server, Windows Server for MDM Clients landscape a problem or are we missing anything?

2)Where are the XML Schemas loaded into standard repositories stored? Is there an easy way to download the XML Schema's that are loaded into the standard repositories. We need to do this as part of creating schemas for extracting check table for custom objects?

3)We have a DBMS setting within MDM Console where in we can specify the Datapath and Indexpath for the repositories table spaces that are being created. Similar to this do we have any setting to specify the filenames for DBF files that MDM creates for a new repository? Also, what does the following 4 files stand for when a new repository is created:

A2I_XXXX_m000.DBF (XXXX - Being the name of the repository being defined)

A2I_XXXX_m000_Ix.DBF

A2I_XXXX_Z000.DBF

A2I_XXXX_Z000_Ix.DBF

Reason for the above request is, our IT team uses BRSPACE to manage SAP's Databases and they would want to have control on the location and creation of the files, table spaces etc.

4)MDM5.5SP4 is restricting the viewing of the Logs and Reports for a non-windows platform. This feature was there and working perfectly in SP3? Also, is there any other way to look at the reports and logs? Can we retrieve the XSLT which MDM Console uses to read the reports and logs? Because we were able to convince our IT to give us access to the reports and logs folders but the reports are not opening with any of the XML editors available. Error message when trying to open the files, "The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'file:///Z:/EV/Reports/MDM_Log.xsl'.

Any input to the above problems will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

-Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

1) We installed the MDM server SP4 patch 1 on AIX, and had exactly the same problem, along with quite a few others. So, we changed the platform of the MDM Server to Windows, and now the export schema function works properly.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani

4) The File has to be stored in the same folder thus the XML is able to find it. The filename has to be "MDM_LOG.xsl". Usually you can find this file in the Server installation folder. It's an error that it is not automatically in the Reports and Logs folder. Nevertheless you can simply copy and paste the file into the Reports and Logs folder.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Lars and Michael.

Can anybody give me some insight into the DB problem also.

Appreciate all your time,

-Raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

I've got an answer for your second question:

The XML Schemas (or XSDs) are stored in table "A2i_CM_XMLSchema". Unfortunately they are stored in a binary format and seem to be somehow encrypted. I've tried to load the files with an own report but the result was unreadable unfortunately.

Nevertheless, if you're talking about the standard MDM repositories, all XSDs that are maintained in the repository are delivered as single files in the corresponding business content package as well.

Kind regards

Michael

Message was edited by: Michael Theis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Business content solved the second problem.

Thanks,

-Raj.