cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Callback - Table structure not refreshing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I registered a EJB as a callback class for the SAP Function Module to call. My EJB is passed with a parameter "Function"(see code below). I am reading the table parameters and trying to read the table structure.

The problem is the table parameter structure of Function Module has changed(one of the field is removed). Even after the structure is changed, my EJB is still printing the table structure with the old structure. Please find the code below.

Why am I getting the old table structure? How do I solve this problem?

CODE:

public void processFunction(Function function) {

ParameterList importList = function.getTableParameterList();

Table table = importList.getTable("XYZ_DATA");

logger.debug("Writing Table Data= " + table.toXML());

}

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay.

Not to my knowledge.... Try to stop and start the RFC destination in the JCO RFC Provider. Perhaps this will help.

Normally the local repository is good for performance. So in a productive situation the interface normally is stable and callbacks to the r/3 system and reading of the metadata of the FM will be avoid because it costs a lot of time. Best regards Marco.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

restarting the server resolved the issue. Is there a better way to resolve this? Can we set the server configuration in such a way that the interface meta data is not cached?

Thanks

Vijay

0 Kudos

I think the problem is that once a rfc server is started and connected the R/3 backend it will not refresh its local repository. At the first time a function module is called the server will establish a connection back to the r/3 server receiving the metadata of the function module and stored it in a local repository. Maybe a restart of the JCo RFC Provider will help. Best regards, Marco