cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 data extraction without XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know how to create XML file to extract R/3 material master, which can directly be Imported into MDM Import Manager without XI

Thanks

JJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JJ,

Are you aware of BALM transaction within R/3? This transaction in conjunction with an XML file port, dummy logical system and file share(File share b/w R3 and MDM) can be used to create XML file to extract R/3 Material Master which can be imported into MDM Import Manager without the use of XI.

Steps are as follows:

1) Have a common file share onto which R3 can write files to and MDM can read the written XMLIDOC files of R3.

2) Define an XML file port to write XML IDOC's onto the file share.

3) Define a dummy Logical System for MDM55SPX.

4) Define a distribution model using BD64 transaction for MATMAS from R3 source to the dummy logical system created.

5) Generate the partner profile for step4 and then change the file port to XML file port defined in 2.

6) Execute BALM transaction to write the XML file IDOC's on to the file share.

7) Point MDM's Import Manager to pick up the XML IDOC files from the file share.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

-Raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Please explain steps 3 & 4 in details.

I am kind of stuck between step 3 and 4

Regards

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps 3 and 4 are standard R3 ALE, checkout the SALE transaction and its documentation. Its just like ALE from one Source R3 to another Destination R3, instead of Destination R3 you define a dummy system which is MDM55SPX.

Hope this makes it clear.

-Raj.