Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ADS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people..

I'm very complicated with the ADS..I have several questions:

1.- The ADS works for R/3 and Webdynpro environment?..because i development the examples of interactive form and the result is:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Severe : PDFDocument is NULL. Exception : Service call exception; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

In adittion i try the preview form (transaction se38, FP_TEST_00) and the operation not return result..

i check the configuration and this see ok (SAP note 0020246798)..what kind of trouble can be?

2.- i make a test on ADS, and this was the result:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"

xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" >

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<rpl:rpDataResponse xmlns:rpl='urn:AdobeDocumentServicesVi'>

<rpl:Response xmlns:pns='urn:com.adobe'>

<pns:rpStrings>

<pns:RpString>

<pns:name>TraceString</pns:name>

<pns:value>Begin trace Required stream: "PDFDocument" not found.</pns:value>

</pns:RpString>

<pns:name>Error_Level</pns:name>

<pns:value>0</pns:value>

<pns:name>Results</pns:name>

<pns:value></pns:value>

<pns:name>VersionInfo</pns:name>

<pns:value>705.20051005114147.242570</pns:value>

</pns:rpStrings>

</rpl:Response>

</rpl:rpDataResponse>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

this's ok? because in the post the test that show is diferent..what for is "IIOP Services"?..have some relation with the correctly works of ADS?

thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ADS works for R/3 and Web Dynpro environments very well.

First you have to test with the program FP_PDF_TEST_00.

This program takes ADS destination as selection parameter and it gives ADS version as output.

If this is not working the you need not to test the program FP_TEST_00. Because this we have to test once the above program works fine. The reason for this is this program produces PDF output if the ADS connection is fine.

So there is no meaning in running this program when the ADS connection is not established.

If you want to work on Adobe print forms, you have to do some configuration on abap side and as well as on portal side.

ABAP side:

1. You need to create HTTP RFC destination

2. You have to do some settings in SICF transaction

3. You have to create service users

You need administrator permissions to do that.

Portal Side:

1. You have to do some settings in Visual Administrator

Please check the below SAP Document that contains detailed documentation about ADS configurations.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/f31e3082221595e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Thanks

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe,

Note 944221 contains some hints on how to check the ADS configuration in general and the connection from/towards ABAP and Java systems in particular. So, for example, if FP_TEST_00 fails, please test program FP_PDF_TEST_00 instead. If this one also fails, the SM59 (RFC Destination) is not configured properly. I would suggest that you try the different tests described in this note and post the results in case you still have problems.

Regards,

Philipp

P.S. Your second test shows that the user/group/role configuration on ADS side is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The results are:

ABAP and Web Dynpro for ABAP

1) FP_TEST_00: dont sent me results (in both printer, with print preview) (cancel transaction)

2) FP_PDF_TEST_00, ADS with RFC: dont sent me results (cancel transaction)

3) Testing the user and password (i have the user and password for ADS user, but where i test this??)

4) Test program FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE (dont found this program??)

5) Generated PDF with additional information (how??)

Web Dynpro for Java

1) Check the user and password of ADS: VersionInfo=705.20051005114147.242570

2) Generated PDF with additional information: this is to develop an application with interactive form?? i make a program that print one name and address, and show this message:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Severe : PDFDocument is NULL. Exception : Service call exception; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

In this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4f/a00d41921bf023e10000000a155106/content.htm show like error source a fautly connection, and check availiability of ADS and setting..but how? :-S

Thanks.

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) FP_TEST_00: dont sent me results (in both printer, with print preview) (cancel transaction)

<b>This should be second step and the below one should be first step. YOu should not proceed further until you fix the first issue.</b>

2) FP_PDF_TEST_00, ADS with RFC: dont sent me results (cancel transaction)

<b>This is because the connection is not established between R/3 and ADS</b>

3) Testing the user and password (i have the user and password for ADS user, but where i test this??)

<b>Goto to transaction SM59 and expand HTTP Connections. Check here for RFC destination with name ADS. If that does not exists, you have to crate RFC Destination.

If exists, open the connection and open it and test it.</b>

4) Test program FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE (dont found this program??)

<b>we too don't have that program, but we are able to set up the configuration succesfully</b>

5) Generated PDF with additional information (how??)

I don't understand this.

Please check the above SAP documentation. Trust me I could able to set up the connection using that document.

Thanks

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

3) <b>Testing the user and password</b>: the result of test is:

~response_line HTTP/1.1 200 OK

~server_protocol HTTP/1.1

~status_code 200

~status_reason OK

connection close

server SAP J2EE Engine/7.00

set-cookie saplb_*=(sap-dev-6_DEK_50)504285650; Version=1; Path=/

content-type text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1

date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:22:54 GMT

set-cookie JSESSIONID=(sap-dev-6_DEK_50)ID1958389250DB10210676102400184894End; Version=1; Path=/

PS: the target for to use the ADS is can be generate and print pdf document by Web Dynpro for Java.

About the SAP documentation, we realize many time the configuration of ADS, with the same results..to comunication level, wich is the special requirement for ADS?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe,

Did you check the configuration guide (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/37/504b8cbc2848a494facfdc09a359b1/frameset.htm)? What steps did you perform so far? In order to connect an ABAP system to the ADS, you have to configure an RFC destination (as Ramakrishna mentioned above, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/f064f473b56bede10000000a11466f/content.htm). Afterwards you should be able to execute FP_PDF_TEST_00.

Regards,

Philipp