cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not find host or port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i try to run enterprise buyer portal i am getting an error such as could not find host or port info ? ITS was working fine.How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in Advance,

#Bill J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hia

Hmm, is the ITS still working? Can you start an other its-appl? Do you mean by "enterprise buyer portal" the normal Ebuyer-application or are you using the SAP Enterprise portal?

best regards

Stef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Tell yr basis team to check entries in the table TWPURLSVR.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Are you able to see the login page?

Which ITS are you using?External/Internal?

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

I am not able to see login page.We are using internal ITS

also when i checkhed the TWPURLSVR table but do not know which field should i configure or What should i do ?

Thanks in Advance,

#Bill J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Make sure Internet Communication Manager (ICM) is up and running. By default when you start the SAP system your ICM is also started. You can check the same from transaction SMICM.

2. Make sure Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) is set up in the server .

3. Like in standalone ITS system where you will publish your ITS services from R/3 to the ITS server, in the Integrated ITS server scenario, we need to publish the service to a site called INTERNAL.

• First set "INTERNAL" as the publishing site. To do this Go to SE80->utilities->settings->Internet Transaction Server->Publish. choose the On Selected Site radio button and in the field Plnt choose "INTERNAL" from the drop down and hit enter.

• Now we are ready to publish the standard service. We need to publish "SYSTEM" and "SHUFFLER" before we can use integrated ITS. In transaction SE80 from the drop down box you see on the left side pane, choose Internet Service. Enter SYSTEM in the input field and click display. You will see the ITS service SYSTEM and its components in a tree structure. Right click on "SYSTEM" in the tree and click Publish->Complete Service to publish the service. Once the publishing is completed the system will issue a message "Object published successfully; site INTERNAL" . Follow the same procedure to publish internet service "SHUFFLER" also.

4. Unlike in the standalone ITS, in Integrated ITS we also need to create & activate another service in transaction SICF. First let us look at the standard WEBGUI application. In transaction SICF, Right click on default_host and click activate to activate the entire tree. (click on the yes button with tree icon).

5. To run BBPSTART ITS service , go to transaction SICF (testing can be done from SE80 also) and Expand the tree to the following path default_host->sap->bc->gui->sap->its->BBPSTART. Right click on BBPSTART and click Test Service.

In addition to this, the following settings are required specific to SRM system.

1> Maintenance of entries in table TWPURLSVR.

2> Maintain the client and language in the start service for SRM i.e.BBPSTART.

3> Publish all the services.

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

I have a doubt regarding to 2nd step you showed me.How can i be sure FQDN configuration on the server.How can I check this configuration.Could you please show me exact path to check it and All other steps are ok.EBP was working last week but now now.When I try to run bbpstart I am still taking same error.This can be managed be or do we need to ask Basis guy.

Thanks in Advance,

#Bill J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can check the domain name (FQDN) in trasacn SMICM under GOTO -->SERVICES.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

I checked it and seems ok.Any other idea...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has the port no been changed?Also,you are trying to access the BBPSTART transaction through the IE or portal?

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to access bbpstart through IE but it says page can not be displayed.Port has not been changed. 8000 is used for this.but still getting could not find host or port information ?what can i do more ?

Thanks in Advance,

#Bill J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Have you mainatined the HOST file?If not,maintain the same for your SRM system.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

On the same server sap enterprise portal is working well, but ebp is not ? as i toldu you before qfdn setting seem ok.what do u think ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any answer ?