cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy/undeploy a J2EE application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having problems to deploy a J2EE application to the WAS.

The error message I receive is this:

=====================================================

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/royc/LOCALS1/Temp/temp53412QuickCarRentalEar.ear

Aborted: development component 'QuickCarRentalApplication'/'sap.com'/'localhost'/'2006.11.07.16.20.37':

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Already started operation with application sap.com/QuickCarRentalApplication in the cluster. No other operation with this application is allowed at the moment.. Reason: Cannot lock [2006110713582234100000ep6sp9test...................5957750, DEPLOY_LOCK_AREA, sap.com/QuickCarRentalApplication, X]; it is in use by the same owner. In case of lock mode "R" the lock propagation failed, because the optimistic lock is gone.; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.frame.core.locking.LockException: Cannot lock [2006110713582234100000ep6sp9test...................5957750, DEPLOY_LOCK_AREA, sap.com/QuickCarRentalApplication, X]; it is in use by the same owner. In case of lock mode "R" the lock propagation failed, because the optimistic lock is gone.

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

=====================================================

When I try to undeploy the application using the SDM I receive the same error. I tried deleting the application manually from the filesystem and remove it's entries from the sdmrepository.sdc file but when I redeploy it the same error keeps coming back.

I also tried to restart the server but after one successful deployment the error message keeps coming back.

Any ideas...?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

If possible,restart the database for the second deployment and also increase the database buffer.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

The error indicates that the previously started deployment operation had not finished at the moment when you try the next deployment or undeployment. In this case restart of the whole system in order to clear the locks should help.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

As I stated, after a restart the first deployment goes well, I see the "Finish deployment" message at the NWDS.

The second deployment hangs and hangs and hangs for almost 30 minutes which at the end again I receive this error message.

Regards,

Roy

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Check this link, it will solve your problem

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/24/3733418bb16e24e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All these solutions and the SAP note suggested at the link help only for first deployment, afterwards the problem returns.

I even restarted the J2EE, once it was up removed the application from it successfully and deployed it again successfully.

The problem is that the next deployment hangs on "Created temporary copy" from the NWDS for hours. After few hours I simply hopelessness and I need to restart the SDM in order to release it. This cause the application to be stopped. No solution to bring it up again is working besides another server restart. After the restart, again: first deployment OK, next one hangs...

At this point when I look at the application through telnet it stays on yellow "STOPPING". stop_app doesn't stop it.

Roy

Message was edited by: Roy Cohen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

I'm fighting with exact the same problem as you did one year ago. Our DCs don't get stopped correctly so that a redeploy fails.

Could you solve your problem?

Best regards,

Christian