Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak 2004s: TMS Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

anybody experienced the same problem?

replaced my 'old' Sneak preview 2004s with the latest (Sept 2006). Everything works fine. But when I try to import the transport file of the book Advanced BSP Programming (which I successfully imported in the last Sneak) i get an TMS error. The error occurs when I want I 'Add Transport Request to Import Queue' and press F4 in the field 'Transp.Request'. The error-popup:

System NSP Command TMS_MGR_SEARCH_REQUESTS

Client 000 Service Transport Service

User TMSADM Start Online

Date 07.11.2006 Function TMS_TP_READ_TRANS_COFILE

Time 09:40:33 Message READ_COFILE_FAILED

Cannot read cofile ( )

The files should not be the problem (C:\sapmnt\trans\cofiles\K900017.NSP and C:\sapmnt\trans\data\R900017.NSP)

Similar thing happens when I try to release a transport request within the transport organizer. The error here:

Test call of transport control program (tp) ended with return code 0208

Message no. TK094

Diagnosis

Your transport request could not be exported, since all requirements were not fulfilled.

Calling the transport control program tp

"tp EXPCHK NSPK900044 pf=
eis-gr\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_NSP.PFL -Dtransdir=
ei"

which checks the export requirements, returned the following information:

Return code from tp: 0208

Error text from tp: ERROR:

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Gerald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald

I managed to fix the same error by

1. going into STMS : F5 (Overview) - Import queue -> Check -> Transport Tool

2. In the error list it says profile is incorrect for NSP, so I went to RZ10, Utilities -> Import Profiles

3. Copied NSP_DVEBMGS00_<> to TP_DOMAIN_NSP and added a parameter DIR_TRANS which points to my transport directory

4. STMS : Overview -> Systems -> Extras -> Distribute and Activate Configuration

Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

cool, thanks. it works now Just wondering, when I have to change/add any parameter in NSP_DVEBMGS00_<> and TP_DOMAIN_NSP is a copy of it, would I have to make these changes in both profiles as of now? Haven't tried but wonder if it would also have worked to just have this DIR_TRANS parameter as only entry in TP_DOMAIN_NSP...

Hope the sneak team will fix that prob in one of the upcoming releases..

having now other problems with the import... but guess thats the daily routine for a SAPer

Thanks again

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, Jan. Have u been able to import anything after doing those changes?

me not yet ;--) opened another forum-entry about that, no success yet though...

Gerald

Answers (0)