cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema of clients on BW system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have two servers for BI 7.0 instalation, one for DEV another for PROD.

Could you suggest schema of clients that should be created on that BI 7.0 systems?

How i know clients are "cross clients", so the best way is to create just one client for one server? Am i wrong?

I want to have <b>Customizing, Sandbox, Quality assurance</b> clients in my DEV system.

I am waiting for your advices.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Arunas Stonys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arunas,

How i know clients are "cross clients", " Could not get what zou mean bz this. Tables can be cross client, customizing can be cross client but there is nothing as clients which are cross client.

You can create anz number of clients depending upon zour requirement. But if we talk about Customizing, Sandbox, Quality assurance clients then it makes sense to have them in your development system. No point in keeping them in PF1 coz you are not going to allow any customizing in production nor any testing.

I hope this clears some of your doubts. Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by: Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunas and Ruchit,

The implementation of the technical client structure in a BI system is different than in ERP systems. While Ruchit's answer is accurate for ERP systems -- that is, having multiple clients in the development system for different roles -- this is not the case for BI systems. Many of the tables that would be considered "client dependent customizing" in a BI system do not contain the mandant, or client, field. So, any customizing entries in these tables would be available in all clients created, thus defeating the purpose of having multi-clients in the first place.

Also, the BI system identifies itself (for example, for the BW Administrator Workbench) with an "own system" connection that can only be setup in a single client.

So, BI systems must be operated in one single client only! This client must NOT be either 000 or 066.

An exception to this is if the usage type BI is sharing the instance with another usage type. For example, you could have a system with <i>both</i> BI and ERP installed. In this case, BI requires a dedicated client and you would have one (or multiple) client for ERP and one (and only one) client for BI.

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

You are right. I ignored RSA1!!!.

Regards.

Ruchit.