Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

my question is, how is the technical background in model binding

- which Parser runs in the background

- how it is developed

- which classes are generated automatically

- why there are errors if the functional module changes, what is the flaw

all technical details interest me. Have you any idea from where I can get the information? or do you know the answers to my questions?

Thanks

Best regards

Serpil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serpil,

I dont think the internal working is documented anywhere publicly. The only way to find out is to reverse engineer the plugin in NWDS (not getting into legal complications though ).

But as far as my research/understanding goes, there are some standard SAP RFCs that can give you the metadata of a particular RFC/BAPI which the plugin uses to "import" the model. And if you observe, the plugin has templates to create logically related classes for the rfc and its interface and supporting parameters along with the relationships (0..n, 1..n and so on). And then its a matter of a parser which creates the gsimpletypes etc which are nothing but xml files.

Though its not as simple as the above explanation, thats a safe assumption if you are just curious.

SAP function modules to get function interface and structures: RFC_GET_FUNCTION_INTERFACE and RFC_GET_STRUCTURE_DEFINITION.

Thanks,

Rajit

Message was edited by:

Rajit Srinivas

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Serpil,

what do you really find out? Do you need more detailed information on the Adaptive RFC Model Import/Reimport in Web Dynpro. I assume you do not want to implement your own Model Import Plugin.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertram,

i need technical information about gateway between NWDS WebDynpro Project and SAP R/3. What's happen in background if i create model in WebDynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we need to create the function module is enabled with remote enable module ,by using the gate way (jco connection )we can call the RFC functional module .

this is the process

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Serpil,

If I get your query correctly then coming to ur question basically a Gateway betweeen NWDS and Web dynpro application is bridge that is formed with the help of the Java Connectors(JCo).

with the help of JCo connect to the RFCs in the R/3 system and we use those RFCs in our Web Dynpro application by creating model classes for the RFCs in R/3 system.

Basically a JCo is created in the web Dynpro -->Content Administration.

Inorder to use any RFC in our web Dynpro application that has to be enabled Remotely.With the help of the Model classes created in the Web Dynpro application we can access the data from the R/3 system.

Thanks,

kris