cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen template problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I create a screen with a simple input field and button.

I also create a Template for that screen, then i linked this screen to the SRM.

When I press the button I don't get through the PAI of the screen and I get a page an error:

Error: Object expected.

any idea?

Thank you,

joseph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand very well your problem, you create this, you create that and it doesn't work, it all goes wrong and it's worthless.

I am very very familiar with that kind of problems, so here's my solution:

Did u try to push another button???

Because if u have an expected object that doesn't show up, you'll need hours to find it,(if u can find it!)

I had a similar problem in my office and i decided to push another button, that was a great idea, no more error or expected object!

Actually i liked it so much that i decided to push as many button as i could while i was in the heart of the system and then i pushed enter... wow man it made a big noise and then definitaly shut up!

Not only my computer but also the electricity and even the elevators, that's when everybody started to scream about the glitch. Of course i decided to scream louder to show to everybody how much i love my job ha ha ha! Oh man that was so funny!

Actually i kinda broke the system, wich was even better because:

1)It's not my job to repair it so that wasn't my problem anymore!!!

2)Since i need sap to work and it wasn't working anymore, well, i wasn't working too!! It was like holidays!!! yeepaaa!

3)That was such a mess that it took several months to repair it and during this time i was paid for chating at the cafeteria.

Of course to be honest i should add that my boss made a big deal of it and not only fired me but also tried to suit me, that's why i had to move to another country and to use a fake name. So here's a special tip: make it from the office of somebody else during lunch hour.

That's what i'd do if somebody was crazy enough to hire me for another computer job. Unfortunately, in my new company wich is the A.D.T.S (stands for Association de Defense des Tirailleurs Senegalais), we don't have computers, only a piece of paper with the names of the customers and my job is to call them to make them pay what they owe us.

I thought about spilling my coffe on it but my new boss is very different than the former one.

He has this knife, it's very sharp and pretty big, almost like a little sword(i'm sure he can cut a tree with it), he's using it mostly for cutting coconuts but he plays with it all day long, so i don't really want him to be angry...

I hope you appreciate the answer and that you'll give me lots of points.

All the best.

Mister Djambé

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U have used an object without defining it. Pl check for syntax error in se80 or se38 and see to which object the error refers to.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just spit coke all over my monitor! Thanks for the good early morning laugh! Wish I could award you a boat load of points! 😃