Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web dynpro execution error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My config:

- SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal (6SP9) on MaxDB, Developer Edition Sneak Preview

- Web Application Server Java 6.40 with MaxDB 7.5

- Developer Studio (SP9)"

- My colleague has the MiniSap 6.20 on WAS 6.20.

I configured the SLD, the Jco connection tests work fine (finally!) But I still can't run any of my web dynpro application (either help example or my own applications).

When I run the project, I have the following error:

An error has occurred:

"Failed to process the request."

Web Dynpro client capabilities:

User agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0), version: null, DOM version: null, client type: msie6, client type profile: ie6, ActiveX: enabled, Cookies: enabled, Frames: enabled, Java applets: enabled, JavaScript: enabled, Tables: enabled, VB Script: enabled

Web Dynpro code generators of DC sap.com/tcwddispwda:

No information available

Web Dynpro code generators of DC sap.com/tcwdcorecomp:

No information available

J2EE Engine:

No information available

Java VM:

Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM, version: 1.4.2_06-b03, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

Operating system:

Windows 2000, version: 5.0, architecture: x86

-

Error stacktrace:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.

WDTypeNotFoundException: type extern:sap.com.example.webdynpro2.types.WebDynproModel:

sap.com.example.webdynpro2.types.Bapisfldat could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getStructure(DataTypeBroker.java:297) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:753)

Could anyone help me?

Anne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne

Are you trying out the Flight Example given in the Help. Ensure that you have used the correct SLD Connections.

For Instance.

The Flight Example makes use of SLD Connections namely

1. WD_FLIGHTLIST_MODELDATA_DEST

2. WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST

Are you making use of these 2 connections when you import the model BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST, Because when you import a Model in WebDynpro you get 2 default destinations namely

1. WD_MODELDATA_DEST

2. WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST

Note : Ensure that the Destination used by your WebDynpro Project is configured correctly in SLD.

To check what destination your WebDynpro is using go to Project Properties of your WebDynpro Application and go to WebDynpro References.

Select JCO References Tab and see what connections are used by your WebDynpro Project.

Then check and see if the JCO Connections used by your WebDynpro Project are Configured correctly in SLD.

Cause for the mentioned Error:

At Runtime when the Data Dictionary tries to load the data types from the backend it uses the SLD connections mentioned at the time of importing a Model, If this connection is not configured properly or if the BAPI has undergone a change in the structure then this particular error ("DDException: Data type could not be loaded") mentioned occurs.

Hope that resolves your problem.

regards

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got the solution for this. I have tried recreating(JCO Connections), restarting(SLD Data Supplier, etc.), undeploying(Projects), rebuilding(Projects) and deploying to get rid of this exception. But it did not make any difference.

The main concern with this exception is while re-importing the model where the Netweaver Developer Studio works in a very strange way. It actually shows that it has reimported the model without showing any Deltas(shown in the info window in the last stage while importing the model). While this same application is testing on different machine with same version of NWDS where it actually shows the changed structures in the Deltas info.

So, clean the workspace(back up the projects) including the .METADATA folder(which is very very important) and restart the Netweaver Developer Studio which reinstalls itself and creates new version of .METADATA folder.

Now

1) Reimport the projects into the workspace

2) Reimport the model into the project

3) Restart the J2EE Server (Better undeploying the project using Remote SDM GUI before restarting the J2EE Server)

4) After the server is restarted, then rebuild and redeploy the application. Believe me it works.

Regards

Praveen Tipirneni

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to add that I already restarted J2EE engine and SLD server and redeployed the application without success.

Anne