cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI with AS2 and Conversion Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am planning a test-scenario with one of our clients. It will be the following:

The Client A has a R/3 4.6c and send some IDoc to his client B via our XI.

For me it seems to be the easier way of getting the IDoc into the XI in opening the communication of both SLDs. Or is it more convinient to use a webservice?!

The communication from our XI to Client B will be more difficult. B wants to get it via AS2 transformed into an EDI-Format.

Now, after checking several posts concerning these topics i ask myself if it is possible NOT to buy an adapter like Seeburger's or Aedaptive's.

Therefore i gonna a AS2-Tool which we can get for free for getting the message transported secure. Additional i was thinking about to use the Conversion Agent to do the transformation into the EDI-Format.

I think this might be possible but i am not aware of the technical implementation like how to connect to the XI. Is there a way to connect the AS2 via JCo?! The result of the Conversion Agent i can add via Module into the receiver-part!?

Can some of you experts give me some hints on this?!

Thanks in advance,

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

could somebody help me, perhaos just any suggestions on this topic!?

Best regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

Yes you can use Conversion Agent to send your data to client B in EDI format.

Also, once you create your transformation in the Conversion Agent you just have to make an entry in module of your Reciever Adapter for this & then it should work fine.

You can get the downloads & all required docs about the conversion agent in the service market place.

Also you can order a disc for SAP BEST PRACTICES for Logistic service provider scenario which gives a total documentation (Technical & functional) of how you can implement the same scenario (IDOC to EDI docs). By the way SAP BEST PRACTICES is free of charge so you can find a lot of info on this in help.sap.com

Hope this helps you.

Regards & Good Luck

Abhik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhik,

thx for your advice for the BEST PRACTICES - but where to find this special scenario in there (IDoc to EDI)?!

Can you give me some help?! i was searching but haven't found it...

BR, Jens