Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS 7.10

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi everyone,

sometimes you can read that e.g. sapgui 7.10 is needed for WAS 7.10 - i'm wondering what this release will be, will this be the next netweaver version?

will this be a version delivered via the enhancement-packages that will be delivered twice a year with erp2005?

kind regards oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Aham, and what about the abap-stack, will remain on 7.00 until erp2010 ????

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I understand that the ABAP stack AS 7.0 will be upgradable for the coming years while ECC 6.0 will remain the core till 2010. So you will be able to upgrade the underlying AS under your ECC 6.0 while not upgrading ECC 6.0.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

SAP NetWeaver 2004s is the technology release of mySAP ERP 2005. It will be supported for the same duration as mySAP ERP 2005 -> 5-2-1 maintenance (they were released on the same day).

SAPGUI for Windows is usually backwardly compatible so they usually work against any supported SAP product.

BTW, the core SAP NetWeaver components are no longer available as of the SAP NetWeaver 2004s release so I would not expect to see another SAP Web AS release shipped by SAP.

You can get more information at this blog: /people/michael.eacrett/blog/2006/06/17/obituary-for-sap-netweaver-components-2003-150-2005

Cheers,

Mike.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java EE 5 Edition has version number 7.10...