cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to implement a scenario where in the data is passed from SAP r/3 to RDBMS.

Now could someone tell me if it is possible to install a demo RDBMS on my system and use it in my scenario??

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use it. Just remember to deploy the drivers of the RDBMS on the server before using it. You have to deploy drivers for all RDBMS providers other than MS Access.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sudheer,

Could you pls provide me a link on how to install a database and which one to install.

Also on which server do i have to provide RDBMC drivers?

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For installation look at the documentation provided by the RDBMS you are installing.

How To Install and Configure External Drivers for JDBC

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003994312004E/HowTo_ConfigExtAdapters.pdf

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you dont want to take the pain of installation and deployment of drivers you can go for MS Access. It will be very simple to do a scenario with MS Access.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

Do you mean to say we can use MS Access with out deploying any jdbc drivers on XI box?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

0 Kudos

You may still have to deploy the drivers of MS ACCESS in XI but its only easier that other non popular databases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to deploy drivers for MS Accees when XI is installed on windows.

Regards,

Sudheer.

0 Kudos

Hi

Take a look at this Note Note 831162 - "FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 JDBC Adapter" on point number 13 .

Also Look at the note for a list of known incompatibilities 941317.

Hope i could help.

karthik