cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Import Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem with the MDM 5.5 SP04 Import Server.

Whenever I place a file(csv) in the /Ready folder of the corr. inbound port, the file is picked up(and subsequently deleted) by the server. However no new records are added in the MDM(Data Manager).

The settings for my inbound port are as follows:

Repository: Customer

Type: Inbound

Format: Delimited Text(since src file is a csv file)

Delimiter: ,

Processing: Automatic

First it seemed that the import map was not proper.But I have also checked the import map, it works fine when executed manually(new records created). Also I have made sure that the new records I am trying to add do not already exist in the MDM database(to avoid a Single-Exact match). But still no luck.

I have also made sure that my Import Server service is running in //Control Panel/Administrative Controls/Services.

Although the file is picked up by the Import Server, the import map is not adding any new records to the MDM database. And this problem is happening for all other 'repository - import map' combinations.

Has anybody faced a similar problem?

Thanks in advance,

Siddharth Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_breiter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sharma,

this is an error similar to another one we have experienced a few weeks ago. Our experience included xml files for hierarchies to be imported. This error will be fixed in MDM 5.5 SP04 Patch 03. Note 999561 (under construction) will describe the situation with exactly the message: <i>There are no record matching field</i>. to be found in the log file in port/log directory.

The import server today is taking the file from port/Ready and moving it to port/Archive. This is wrong. In addition the Import Server is writing a log file entry but not an exception in the port/exceptions directory.

So the only way before Patch 03 is to scan the port/Log directories for the message: <i>There are no record matching field.</i>

As I don't know if this error is the same as yours it needs to be evaluated with MDM 5.5 SP04 Patch 3

Best regards

Markus

Message was edited by:

Markus Breiter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanx for replying. I checked the log files. There is a trace in the log folder as follows:

Connected to source. <HP Vendors.xls [17].xls>

Repository Load Successful. <Vendor>

Map Fetch Successful. <New_Main_Import_Server>

Map Load Successful. <New_Main_Import_Server>

Importing: '<HP Vendors.xls [17].xls>.<'HP Data Sheet$'>' Table --> '<Vendor>.<Vendors>' table

Field Mapping...

Value Mapping...

Record Matching...

There are no record matching field.

However in my import map i've specified the field for record matching. And i also ensured that the map is saved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reffering to my earlier post. There are certain modifications.

Initially all my discussion was related to Customer repository and csv file(source file)

But in my second post, I tested the Import Server for Vendor repository and a Excel file(source file). Got the same error.

So, general error is that for any repository-source file(csv/xls) combination i am getting the same error i.e. file getting picked up by import server but no records being created in MDM. Also the trace gives the same error - "There is no record matching field"

???

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

well this sounds like a bug in the Import Server.

Which kind of field do you use for record matching? Is it a valid field in the Excel or do you do some actions (like pivoting, hierarchy split, concatenate, and so on) with it? If this is not the case, well it's definitively a bug and should be reported accordingly.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the display field 'Vendor Number[DF]' of the Vendor Repository as the matching field for value matching.

Similarly for the Customer repository I am using the Remote Key field(& the customer no. src field is mapped to this Remote Key field)

And the argument of it being a valid field in the source excel file does not arise; as in the value matching step all the mapped destination fields appear and they are that of the repository and not the source excel file.

I feel that maybe its not a bug in the Import Server but something wrong in the import map. BUt when I tested it manually it works fine.

Please advise.

Regards,

Siddharth

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I encountered a similar problem during my development. Unfortunately I used XML files only as input, so I'm not sure if there is a dependency to Excel files, or not.

As a matter of fact you're telling, that the manual import using the Import Manager GUI works fine with the stored map. Right? If you now use the same map with the Import Server, the import fails with the statement "No match records found".

This scenario is possible due to the fact, that the Import Manager and the Import Server are different applications. They do not completely use the same codelines! So it's really possible, that something which is working in Import Manager does not work with the Import Server. I'd really suggest to raise a bug ticket in this case!

Just as additional info:

> And the argument of it being a valid field in the source excel file does not arise;

> as in the value matching step all the mapped destination fields appear and they

> are that of the repository and not the source excel file.

You are partially right on this one. Nevertheless the source fields must have values to be useable for matching! If the source fields that you map to the destination fields you are using for matching do not have values, you'll receive the "error" message as stated above.

Kind regards

Michael

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

did you check the port folders for logs and or exceptions? If you have a look at your file system, you should see that your port folder has several other folders (e.g. Log, Archive, Ready, Exceptions, and so on). You should check the Exception folder first, if there any exception occured during the import processing. In addition, the log files that can be found in the corresponding folder, can give an additional help, what's going on with the import server.

Note: in the MDIS.ini file (located in the Import Server installation folder), you can set the "Verbose Mode" to influence the logging:

Verbose=0x00F8

- Verbose OFF: 0x0000

- Verbose ON: 0xFFFF

- FI Verbose: 0x0001 // (i.e. Field Information)

- XML Verbose: 0x0002

- MAP Verbose: 0x0004

- THRD Verbose: 0x0008 // (i.e. Thread Messages)

- PARSER Verbose: 0x0010

- STRUCTX Verbose: 0x0020

- VALUEX Verbose: 0x0040

- IMPORTX Verbose: 0x0080

You could set Verbose=0xFFFF to retreive a full logging.

Kind regards

Michael