cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc alternative

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

I've a general question concerning Idoc. I have the task to connect workflows together between different SAP and non SAP systems. XI should be the Broker in the middle to monitor and handle the different workflows.

1. Is it possible to trigger the IP in XI with Idocs or is there a better alternative?

2. The other way, to start a workflow in SAP from XI, I can maybe use a START_WORKFLOW BAPI, but I have no idea, how XI recognizes, when the WF in SAP ends? Is there a solution getting the results without polling?

Thx in advance for all answers

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at my newest weblog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/11/06/xi-bam--episode-i--introduction

it shows how to intercept events

maybe you can use this to handle

the workflow end?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej Michal,

thanks for your reply, thats a great possibility. Let you know if it works. Waiting patiently for the next weblogs concerning BAM. You know when you will publish them?

As far as I understand you answer my first question. Can I use the same BAM mechanism to start the IP from another system depending on a TA for creating a certain BO?

Thx

Chris

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Christian,

>>>>As far as I understand you answer my first question. Can I use the same BAM mechanism to start the IP from another system depending on a TA for creating a certain BO?

I'm not familiar with workflow terms yet

but I imagine you can use those events sent to XI

notification about the status (based on many objects)

BTW

you cannot use it to start your workflow

to do that you can probably use the ABAP proxy

to start the FM that you specified in the first post

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej Michal,

thx i try to use the FM to start WF in SAP/r3. But how about starting the BPM (WF) in XI? Do you think it's the BAM mechanism to start the WF in XI?

Thx

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you check on this. Events and XI:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/8f507464246353e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards

Vijaya