cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoadRunner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am trying to use Loadrunner to record Business processes in ECC5.0 to perform load test. This process requires upload of a document from my local machine every time I do the transactions to trigger a work flow. Without the workflow the transaction does not write to the data base. Now the problem is that the LR recording engine does not record the file upload process as it happens on the local machine inside a windows file open box and there is no network communication happening. Can you guys suggest something to counter this issues. Thanks.

Pankaj

Message was edited by: John Morton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned the following task.

Production of Test Scripts Required

How to configure testing tools in SAP. Could you please suggest me best approach.

Thanks in Advance

Ben

former_member4251
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

You're right, Loadrunner is intended for Web environment, however you have a free tool included in your Solution Manager (if you have an ECC 6.0, you must have one) that is based on eCAT, you can program those eCAT to perform the test over standard SAPGui based scenario.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Pankaj,

If you are using loadrunner with the web/html protocol and trying to upload via the sapgui within the web/html script, you will to use the loadrunner sap gui protocol to record this. The web protocol in loadrunner/vuser will not work as soon as you initiate the sap gui.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Steve

If you read the thread carefully I have already indicated that I am using the SAPGUI protocol and not web / http/html based transactions. I have already spoken to the highest levels in Mercury and even consulted the experts and it looks like loadrunner SAPGUI protocol does not support recording of a file upload process. But anyways thanks for you valuable inputs.

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

In order to perform this, you need to use SAPGUI <b>together</b> with SAPWeb protocol. Loadrunner supports multiple protocols within the same scripts already for many years.

This will result in a script which performs both SAPGUI and Web operations.

BTW, you need to have license for both SAPGUI and Web protocols in order to be able to replay such scripts under load.

If you activated both protocols and still the upload is not recorded and/or replayed as expected, please, contact Mercury support. If you have no luck there, you can contact me directly.

Michael Pogrebisky - SAP R&D@Mercury/HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

The transaction is being done in the SAPGUI frontend. This is not a web recording. The whole process is thus like

open the sapgui frontend and log in and then execute a transactions such as fv50 and enter the various line items and park the document. Opent he parked document to store a business document. This is the time when the doc is uploaded into the IXOS environment. This triggers the workflow. I hope you understand the situation now.

Pankaj

kohlerm
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

> Hi Markus

>

> The transaction is being done in the SAPGUI frontend.

> This is not a web recording. The whole process is

> thus like

> open the sapgui frontend and log in and then execute

> a transactions such as fv50 and enter the various

> line items and park the document. Opent he parked

> document to store a business document. This is the

> time when the doc is uploaded into the IXOS

> environment. This triggers the workflow. I hope you

> understand the situation now.

>

Ok I understand.

I'm not familiar with IXOS and how upload is done.

I would suggest that you open a customer message.

If a standard protocol like HTTP is used, than you can manually add the request to your Loadrunner script.

Regards,

Markus

Regards,

Markus

kohlerm
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

See my comments below ...

> Hi Experts

>

> I am trying to use Loadrunner to record Business

> processes in ECC5.0 to perform load test. This

> process requires upload of a document from my local

> machine every time I do the transactions to trigger a

> work flow. Without the workflow the transaction does

> not write to the data base. Now the problem is that

> the LR recording engine does not record the file

> upload process as it happens on the local machine

> inside a windows file open box and there is no

> network communication happening.

I'm not sure whether I understand that.

Actually, if you "upload" something to a web server than there must be network communication.

In Internet Explorer you can use for example http://www.httpwatch.com/ to find out what request is send, when you upload a document.

Regards,

Markus

>Can you guys suggest

> something to counter this issues. Thanks.

>

> Pankaj