cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR Nameserver Configuration inconsistecy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have big problem with NWDI tracks. We migrated SLD to new server and did it in standard way - backup old SLD and restore new with same data. So, both SLD's are similar. I have NWDI with DTR and CBS located on the same server. I want to change configuration so NWDI uses new SLD. So what I did is:

- changed SLD server in DTR configuration: <server:port>/dtr/system-tools/administration/NameServerConfiguration

- changed SLD server in CMS / Landscape Configurator / Domain data, under the option External Servers.

Now I'm getting error: "DTR Nameserver Configuration (URL, user, password) could be inconsistent. Save this track to resolve the inconsistency." so I think NWDI is not communicating with new SLD.

I tried to search notes and SDN forums but it seems that it's not usual.

Please help!

Best regards,

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CMS regularly updates the DTR NameServer Configuration automatically using the SLD URL specified on the Domain Data tab. You do not need to modify the NameServer Configuration if you use CMS.

Do not forget to update the NameServer definition (CIM URL) in the SLD's Technical Landscape.

Both URL's should have the following format: http://<server>:<port>/. Do NOT append "sld/cimom" in any URL!

You may also have to update the SLD Data Supplier service's CIM Client Generation Settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pascal,

thank you very much for your help. When I updated SLD URL specified on the Domain Data I didn't click on CMS update, so it was not propagated correctly. Now it works (btw., SLD Data Supplier service was OK)!

Best regards,

Ivan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I would also suggest that please verify the password for CMSAdmin or LSAdmin. It should be same. Please refer to thread where the process of changing the password for CMSAdmin has been described.

From your scenario i am not sure whether you are using the same user store and have created a new one.

Hence the suggestion.

Regards

Sidharth