Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP 38 will not install

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Next stage reached and new problem!

I have updated the kernel to 1271 but SP38 just hangs when applying the basis patch. I have not upgraded the DB to 7.5 as others have managed without it. Should I upgrade the DB?

Also I currently get the error -

500 SAP Internal Server Error

ERROR: Syntax error in program CL_HTTP_REQUEST===============CP . (termination: RABAX_STATE)

Therefore, I don't actually have a useable system so will have to keep upgrading somehow.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to upgrade the DB, if you read the OSS notes regarding the Kernel upgrade you will see that the DB upgrade is required as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, just as I stated on your other thread, just download SAP DB Release SAPDB7300, which is release 7.3.0.28. Use application sdbupd again and your DB should be patched to version 7.3.0.28. Only this patch worked with no problem for me, version 7.4 and 7.5 gave errors. Given your ultimate goal with the MiniWAS, this works. Again I patched my MiniWAS to SP47 with DB release 7.3.0.28. Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiest, Craig

Continued thanks for your input. I shall be eternally grateful once the system is patched up and working - ready to carry on this Craig's weblogs.

I thought I was on version 7.3.028 as this was reported by the system. I had patched the DB but had not run the SADB7300 upgrade which I have now done.

The CL_HTTP_REQUEST error is no more but replaced by CL_BSP_ELEMENT!

I am currently running SP38 Basis in now. Fingers crossed!

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sure you'll get it

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Looks like a no go. It still hangs. I will restore my system to a time prior to ever attempting SP38 and try the DB update and kernel update again.

Good job I have Norton Go back installed!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, did you execute the DB upgrade and Kernel upgrade? Both are required before SP38 will go in. Also what is the exact error you are getting so I can try to help out better before restoring the system. Tiest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tiest seems to be doing a good job helping you out so I will just throw in my 2 cents.

The Kernel Upgrade is a 2 part upgrade one for the DB (deb dependent) and OS (OS-independent)

Then also the DB Upgrade.

Those as Tiest said are required to get the SP38 in place.

As far as I know Norton Go Back will not undo changes to a DB table so unless you did a complete file system restore then your out of luck.

If you post your error as Tiest asked perhaps we all could help you out more. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the error you are are getting is because your install attempt made changes to your DB and you will just need to bite the bullet and do your upgrades by unpakcing the two kernel files from the service.sap.com (latest kernel update) and then the DB then restart.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Morning Tiest, Craig

I am not getting the error anymore (I have no idea why not but hey it works!), so I can at least use the system. I cannot get SP38 to install though. I left it running all night last night and it was still stuck on the Main Import as usual. I have tried bombing out and restarting the import but nothing seems to be able to take it past this stage. The DB update executed perfectly and kernel patch 1271 shows in the system status so I am at a complete loss. I have reloaded the package attributes in a vain hope that it will make a difference but nothing. My only idea now is to install it from scratch on my desktop.

Is the upgrade to 7.5 fraught with danger?

Am I the only one that has had this many problems???

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian,

You are not alone, actually I wrote the two weblogs because of the various problems.

7.5 for some has been full of problems for me was OK.

As for your Import I would double check your TP version and try the import from the command line instead of the system to see what happens then.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cheers Craig

I will try the command line option at lunch.

Ian

BTW Is it just imported the same as any other transport i.e. tp import ?

Message was edited by: Ian Stubbings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep the same way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, I agree with Craig here since your import seems to 'hang' there seems to be a problem with your TP system. Which SPAM version are your currently running? Also what is your current DB version? Check the version by opening the DB Manager Tool and connect to the database to see the actual database version. Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

DB version 7.3.052

TP version 320.58.06

SPAM version 18

I haven't managed to try the command line yet. giving it a go tonight.

Cheers

Ian

Message was edited by: Ian Stubbings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, I compared your versions with mine and both your DB as well as your TP have a higher version then my system. We should be oke here. Can you provide me with the information from the following files: TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL and TPPARAM, located in the MiniWAS/trans/bin folder. Would like to see your TP settings. Also can you provide more details on the exact point where SAP seems to hang. Furthermore what is the result when you execute transaction SICK? Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL

#TMS:0002:DOMAIN_BSP

#A

#

#----

#Caution !

#This file was generated by the Transport Management System.

#Do not change this file using a text editor.

#For further information please see the online documentation of

#transaction STMS.

#If this file was destroyed, it can be regenerated in the TMS.

#To do this, log on to the domain controller (system BSP) and call

#Transaction STMS. In the System Overview, you can distribute the TMS

#configuration. This regenerates the file.

#STMS -> Overview -> Systems -> Extras -> Distribute TMS Configuration

#----

#

#

TRANSDIR = .\trans

#

BSP/DBHOST = laptop

BSP/DBNAME = BSP

BSP/DBTYPE = ada

BSP/NBUFFORM = 1

BSP/TP_VERSION = 281

TPPARAM

BSP/DBHOST = laptop

BSP/DBNAME = BSP

BSP/IMPDP_BY_EVENT = yes

BSP/R3TRANSPATH = R3trans.exe

BSP/SAPEVTPATH = sapevt.exe

BSP/SYSTEM_PF = C:\MiniWAS\default.pfl

BSP/dbtype = ada

ALLLOG = ALOG$(syear)$(yweek)

SYSLOG = SLOG$(syear)$(yweek).$(system)

TRANSDIR = C:\MiniWAS\trans\

The import always hangs during the Main Import after the DD Activation. A test import executes perfectly.

I tried adding the service pack manually via the following commands but no joy.

tp pf=trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.pfl SAPKB62038 addtobuffer BSP

tp pf=trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.pfl SAPKB62038 import BSP

It added to the buffer with a return code of 0 but just hung when performing the import. There was no disk activity in 5 mins so I CTRL C'd out.

I have attempted to upgrade the DB to 7.5 using SDBUPD but it exits saying my backup is out of date - I ctreated it immediately before running the command!

Thank you for your patience in helping me. It is much appreciated.

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

This settings seem correct, now we will have a look at your transportation log. Do you have any entries in your miniwas/trans/log folder with the following naming convention: SAP<var>62038 (assuming you have NOT imported the ABAP package yet)? If so please tell me which ones and we can evaluate your transport process during the SP38 import. Also open the file ULOG<xx>_<x> and look for at the end of the file for the entries related to SP38, in case of a successfull import the following events should be logged in the corrsponding order:

SHOWPARAMS, CONNECT, CREATCOFILE, ADDTOBUFFER, MODBUFFER, TST, CMD, R3H, ACTIMPORT, MODBUFFER, XPA, and DELFROMBUFFER.

Please indicate where your last entry is here and what it reads by including the last 13 lines. We will crack this nut, Tiest

Message was edited by: Tiest van Gool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tiest, Ian,

Since you were able to import everything else and do your upgrades your problem isn't in your Transport System.

The problem lies in the connection between your SAP System and your OS. Most likely when you look in the logs you won't see much.

Try the command line options (do a reboot of the whole system first to be sure everything is cleared and buffers are empty)

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a lot of logs from the import. I cannot really post them here. Would either of you want them emailed?

Regarding the command line option. Would you mind detailing what the commands should be? Should I just follow the commands that are presnt in the ULOGS file below:

Ian 20050118130543 : TP pf=trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL import SAPKB62038 BSP

Ian 20050118222727 RFC: tp SHOWPARAMS BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118222727 RFC: tp CONNECT BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118222739 RFC: tp CREATECOFILE SAPKA62038 pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -s BSP -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118222743 RFC: tp ADDTOBUFFER SAPKA62038 BSP U1 pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118222743 RFC: tp MODBUFFER SAPKA62038 BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL mode=G0,R0,V0,w0 -Dsourcesystems= tag=SPAM -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118222743 RFC: tp TST ALL BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dsourcesystems= tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118222748 RFC: tp CMD ALL BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dclientcascade=yes -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dstoponerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118222759 RFC: tp R3H all BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dmainimp_proc=1 -Ddictimp_proc=1 -Dstopimmediately=1 -Dcheckmasterlang=no -DR3TRANSOPTIONS={charsetadaption=yes}{charset=weuropean} tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118222819 RFC: tp ACT ALL BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dimpdp_by_event=yes -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dbatch_proc=1 -Dstopimmediately=1 -Dactivatemerged=yes tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118223041 RFC: tp IMPORT all BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dimpdp_by_event=yes -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dmainimp_proc=1 -Ddictimp_proc=1 -Dbatch_proc=1 -Dstopimmediately=1 -Dactivatemerged=yes -Dcheckmasterlang=no -DR3TRANSOPTIONS={charsetadaption=yes}{charset=weuropean} tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225522 RFC: tp SHOWPARAMS BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225522 RFC: tp CONNECT BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225526 RFC: tp IMPORT all BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dimpdp_by_event=yes -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dmainimp_proc=1 -Ddictimp_proc=1 -Dbatch_proc=1 -Dstopimmediately=1 -Dactivatemerged=yes -Dcheckmasterlang=no -DR3TRANSOPTIONS={charsetadaption=yes}{charset=weuropean} tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225555 RFC: tp MODBUFFER SAPKA62038 BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL mode=R1 -Dsourcesystems= tag=SPAM -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225555 RFC: tp XPA ALL BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dimpdp_by_event=yes -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dbatch_proc=1 tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225627 RFC: tp DELFROMBUFFER SAPKA62038 BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dsourcesystems= tag=SPAM -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225748 RFC: tp SHOWPARAMS BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225748 RFC: tp CONNECT BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225859 RFC: tp CREATECOFILE SAPKB62038 pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -s BSP -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225909 RFC: tp ADDTOBUFFER SAPKB62038 BSP U1 pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225909 RFC: tp MODBUFFER SAPKB62038 BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL mode=G0,R0,V0,w0 -Dsourcesystems= tag=SPAM -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225909 RFC: tp TST ALL BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dsourcesystems= tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118225929 RFC: tp CMD ALL BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dclientcascade=yes -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dstoponerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118230017 RFC: tp R3H all BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dmainimp_proc=1 -Ddictimp_proc=1 -Dstopimmediately=1 -Dcheckmasterlang=no -DR3TRANSOPTIONS={charsetadaption=yes}{charset=weuropean} tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118230110 RFC: tp ACT ALL BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dimpdp_by_event=yes -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dbatch_proc=1 -Dstopimmediately=1 -Dactivatemerged=yes tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Ian 20050118230422 RFC: tp IMPORT all BSP pf=.\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL -Dimpdp_by_event=yes -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dmainimp_proc=1 -Ddictimp_proc=1 -Dbatch_proc=1 -Dstopimmediately=1 -Dactivatemerged=yes -Dcheckmasterlang=no -DR3TRANSOPTIONS={charsetadaption=yes}{charset=weuropean} tag=spam -Dtransdir=.\trans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, this issue is new for me too please sent your ULOG<xx>_<x> file to me martin.van.gool@accenture.com to compare your TP files with mine. I think your TP system is the issue.

- Craig, what do you mean with your reply 'Statement options.'

Tiest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian yes try the same ones you see there.

Tiest I mean to try the option of using the command line.

Ian have you checked the OSS for notes regarding this SP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, please have a look at OSS Note 556941 item 5 and check whether you have an issue that has been described here. Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiest

I have checked the note and yes it does describe my problem. However there is is no file with a .LO extension in the tmp directory as described. The other notes do not provide any extra information.

Looking at the SAPIB62038 file in the tmp directory that was being written to while it hung, the last entries are as follows:

3 ETW674Xstart import of "R3TRSMIM11E63A4047D98E6CE10000000A1550A8" ...

4 ETW000 1 entry for TADIR imported (R3TRSMIM11E63A4047D98E6CE10000000A1550A8 ).

4 ETW000 0 entries of SMODILOG updated (SMIM11E63A4047D98E6CE10000000A1550A8 *)

4 ETW000 1 entry for SMIMLOIO imported (11E63A4047D98E6CE10000000A1550A8).

4 ETW000 0 d / 1 i / 0 u / 0 = 0% ucf SMIMLOPR

4 ETW000 1 entry for SMIMLOPR imported (11E63A4047D98E6CE10000000A1550A8*).

4 ETW000 1 entry for SMIMLOIOT imported (D11E63A4047D98E6CE10000000A1550A8).

4 ETW000 0 entries from SMIMLORE (11E63A4047D98E6CE10000000A1550A8%) deleted.

4 ETW000 0 entries from SMIMLORI (11E63A4047D98E6CE10000000A1550A8%) deleted.

4 ETW000 0 d / 1 i / 0 u / 0 = 0% ucf SMIMCONT1

4 ETW000 1 entry for SMIMCONT1 imported (IRD11E63A4047D98E6CE10000000A1550A8*).

Now to try the manual import.

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, any updates on the manual approach? I am looking into your issue again so let's get the actual status again. Any updates and/or current status of the MiniWaS installation? Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiest

Thanks for your continued help.

I have reinstalled the miniwas in the hope that after a clean install I can get past the SP38 problem. However, I cannot event get the SPAM update 18 in! I have the new TP, SAPEVT. I have upgraded the DB to 7.3.052 and the kernel to 1271. The transport hangs on the DD activation or sometimes before!

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian,

Have you done all of the other pre items for the transport system the jobs the parameter settings everything?

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The job is scheduled and the work processes are set up as suggested 2,2,1,1,1.

I have obviously forgotten something but I'm not sure what at the moment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you reinstalled did you wipe everything completely out or leave something that was there before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mmm, Ian that is a step backwards instead of forwards. Please have a look at the following notes first 782140, 640462, 644640, and 684564. When you look at these notes and hit the print button, you always get also a list of similar notes. Second question is, how and what did you do during your uninstall. Reason for my question is that the uninstall did not take care of all registry entries. Please let me know, we WILL get this done, also since Craig is assiting. Thanks, Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. I will be revisting it a week on Monday. Busy week this week as off snowboarding tomorrow so apologies for lack of communication. I am keen to get going on BSPs whatever it takes, I will get it running - with your help of course!

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey the powder calls then the powder calls, have fun!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you Craig and you and me... just work! His issue with the SPAM update boggles me. This cannot be a registry problem any thoughts? Tiest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably just a step he missed when redoing everything, job not planned or something. Or the DB could still have things in it from the last install.

Hard to say until he gets back to us.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gents

Back in the UK now after a great week in Meribel

I decided to start completely from scratch and have therefore reformatted the C:drive and reinstalled windows on my laptop. Over the next few days therefore, I shall install the SAP WAS first and get it running with all the patches etc before adding anything else.

I'll let you know of progress.

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look forward to hearing how it goes this time around.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the best and keep us updated. Intresting to know how it comes around this time. Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I will create a new topic under the heading SPAM update 18 will not install as it appears I am still in the same boat after reinstalling the WAS from scratch on a base installation of Windows!

I'll update properly after work.

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, will dive into the SPAM update awaiting your new thread. You should close this one so we can re-start... Tiest

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isn't there a kernal update required for SP 38?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do believe so but the OSS notes for the SP38 will tell you 100%

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig, you are right in your BLOG, no additional requirements as you mentioned. Tiest.