cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro adaptive RFC model for SAP 4.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.When I am trying to create a new Technical system on SLD , there is no option like R/3 system. I have only Web AS ABAP.Also there is no transaction RZ70 for SAP 4.6 systems.Does this mean I can use adaptive RFC model only if the back end systems has basis layer as web application server ?? If this is the case , how do i connect to sap 4.6 systems from web dynpro ? Do I have to create my own JCO Connections and call RFC ??

2. For metadata jco destination , it forces to use message server . Is it going to be that way or SAP is planning to give at least an option to use single server or message server. I know it might be easy to create a message server in a single server , but is there any work around , where i do not have to do any change to back end system.

Regards

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bhanu,

If you are using 4.6 then there is rz70 where as u can use "Secondary Application Servers" which you will see in WebAsABAP Under sld.

give your host name and other parameter then you are done with the settings.

Cheers,

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar

I was able to create a JCO destination for a 4.6C system.

Thanks and Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Can you give me the details how you can create a JCO destination for a 4.6C system? I have not figured it out.

Thanks,

Joanna