Form execution error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam using SFP transaction to design interface and form,

if I do any changes to the interface and call the form

it going for dump.

Its giving the following error

<b>The exception 'CX_FP_API_INTERNAL' was raised, but it was not caught anywhere along the call hierarchy.</b>

Did any face the same problem, where the problem might be?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Can you let me know, What changes you have made for the interface.

Chek the following.

1. After modifying the interface, you have to refresh the context and interface ( Refresh button will be beside the search button in SFP).

2. After refreshing the context,adjust the bindings in the layout.

3. In the print program,Check whether you are calling the modified interface or not.

Thanks and regards,

Pavan Meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phanindranath,

The ADS is also called during design time (i.e. when activating a form). This error might indicate that your ADS connection is not configured properly.

Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam able to activate the form and even the PDF is being

displayed the first time when the interface is not changed. Only when I make any changes to the interface the form if executed is going for dump.

Able to run and generate PDF using standard programs FP_TEST_* .

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phani,

Did you activate the interface after it has been changed? Did you also run a 'check' for syntax errors? What exactly has been changed, i.e. field added or removed?

Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

I declared a global variable of type defined in the types, checked the syntax and activated the interface.

Even activated the form context after refreshing the context.

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

As Pavan said, you will have to update the Context by dragging and dropping the newly added elements from INTERFACE PANE(Left Pane) to ADOBE PANE(Right Pane). And then check the bindings for the appropiate UI elements in the Layout.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan and Raja shekar,

I have refreshed the interface and activated the same,

as of now Iam making the changes to the interface and binding it to the context of the form, have made no changes to the layout. Even if I revert back the changes of the interface also Iam unable to execute the form.

I tried copying the standard program fp_test_00 both interface and form to ZFP* and its executing with out any errors but if I touch the interface (I added a global variable of type char5), activated the interface and refreshed the interface(in form context) and activated the form. When I try executing its going for a dump.

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For testing, Delete all fields in the layout.Also delete all folders/fields in the context.Drag again the fields from interface, activate.If you execute the form,if you are getting the dump, check export parametrs in the program and interface once again.

pavan meda