cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while installing NetWeaver AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I installed SAPNWAS using SAPNWAS_JAVAEE5_T06.rar downloaded from sdn.It installed properly and Development Studio was also working fine. But Application server didn't start at all,I even tried restarting the server using management console.

So I decided to reinstall the AS and in the process I uninstalled and then deleted the folder in which AS was installed.Now when I try to install it again using same installation I get following error in the log file :

(Nov 3, 2006 11:39:40 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\Prasoonr\SAP\JP1\log.txt for details.

(Nov 3, 2006 11:39:40 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllInstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:177)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.install(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:268)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What exactly I need to install it again ? Please help...

Thanks and Regards,

Prasoon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon,

Can you try installing the server with some other system id. Anything other than JP1.

I feel this problem may be occuring because of this but can you please try this out.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Thanks for your reply.

where do we get the option of changing the systemid.

while installing it asks for the location to install which is 'c:\SAP' by default.I tried changing this location but that didn't work but I never get any option to change SystemId 'JP1'.

Where can I change the systemid ?

Thanks again,

Prasoon

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon,

In order to be able to change the System ID you have to select "Custom" installation type on the next dialog.

Regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir and Sidharth,

Thanks to both of You, changing the systemId did work.

Installation is completed successfully.

I hope server will also start properly this time.

Thanks again,

Prasoon

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thats great to hear.

Happy Learning.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My installation was done properly and my AS is starting now.Thanks for your help.

But the new problem is Development studio is missing from the installation. Custom installation ask me what all component I want to install and 'Development studio' is checked in the list by default so I continued with installation. But it didn't install Development studio.

Please suggest.

thanks and regards,

Prasoon

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon,

The installation checks that you have Developer Studio already installed and does not install a new one. Probably you had not uninstalled everything (in particular Developer Studio) from the previous installation. You have two options now:

- Use the "old" Developer Studio. However, in this case it won't be configured by default to work with the "new" server. You'll have to do that manually in the Preferences.

- Try to uninstall everything from your system and go for a new installation on clean that would install the whole landscape so that you can benefit most from the easy-to-use default out-of-the-box configuration.

HTH!

-Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

I Uninstalled everything and I cant see any deployed Devalopment Studio on my system.

Can I install java EE5 Development studio separately?

regards,

Prasoon

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon,

No i dont think you can install developer studio separately. It will be installed along with the application server. You just have the option to deselct the checkbox for installing developer studio.

Also what i found is that you can always use the remote j2ee engine in preferences (when developer studio is not installed along with app server) however in SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.ini (present in C:\SAP\DevStudio\eclipse if default options are used at installation time) you will have to set these two properties:

-Dsap.j2ee.profile=C:/SAP/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_JC<SYSNR>_<MACHINENAME>

-Dsap.scs.profile=C:/SAP/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_SCS<SCS_INST_NR>_<MACHINENAME>

you can use the default (local installation) also.

Thats my observation. I didnt get a chance to test this.

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon,

Please check the log file C:\Prasoonr\SAP\JP1\log.txt as the error message suggests. There should be some more details about the reason.

btw, if the server doesn't start, it might be also helpful to check the logs (...\JP1\JC00\work and ...\JP1\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log) to try find out what has gone wrong. It's not necessary to reinstall in order to solve the problem.

Hope it helps a bit!

-Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your reply.

The stack trace of the exception which I posted in my previous post is the only thing in log.txt. There is no details of any error in this.

I'll try to find out the reason of server not starting once I am able to install the AS.

What do you suggest me to do for a fresh installation? Should I remove any registry entry in order install it properly.

Thanks again,

Prasoon