cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should the name of this forum be changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

"change management" beeing the traditional name for everything concerning the SAP transport system, the name if this forum could lead sdn'ers to post questions dealing with such issues within. And they might not get the help thy need, as the transport experts will be more attentive to the "technology corners" within sdn.

Having read the book by henning kagermann and hubert oesterle (in german), I'd suggest "organizational change management" or something similar...

What do you think?

kind regards,

Carl Winter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking forward to the name change as I currently have to hunt and peck for true OCM issues.

Thanks!

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change Implemented!

It's now official: Organizational Change Management

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that the name can be misleading. We have a Change Manager on our implementation team and as far as he knows Transport is how Captain Kirk beams down.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LOL. Perhaps the problem isn't the name, but rather the description.

I'll start a new thread and award points for good, helpful description suggestions.

We also should start a Transport and Change Request forum.

I would need a good description for that as well.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marilyn,

Given that most people post messages on this forum on Change and transport management - where should they be redirected to ? the SOLMAN forum ?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes, The name of the forum must be changed. Change Management forum should focus on general management issues in relation to ERP implementation in an organisation. The present name is really misleading.

regards

ars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's name it as Organizational Change Management, if all of you agree.

Rgds. Guru Prasad D

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has happened, there are some threads dealing with tp problems within "Change management".

kr, carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Initially i had mistook this for the CHANGE MANAGEMENT Process that needs to be in place...

something like Change Management ; Incident management forum..

But the name is misleading I agree with Carl completely... This shd have a new Name altogether like Transport Management ..i am sure that would help SDN'ers.

Br,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

well, thanks for your support, but now you're really missunderstanding me.

This forum should from my point of view NOT deal with anything concerning transports or incidents.

As we're talking BP here, I think it was meant to deal with organisational or Business Changes.

At least we need a name for the forum to make clear what it's all about.

kind regards,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

NOw i get your Point... and my initial thoughts abt Change management is correct :). Something which deals with BP and a bit of ITL methodologies.

Hope this is soon taken care

Br,

sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too will suggest that the name should change since it looks as if we are referring some management topic which is general one.

So I go with Carl.Well in the mean time I will think about a perfect name for this.

Regards,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the support. But unfortunatelly, none of the forum moderators is looking into this one.

I'll write a mail, let's wait and see.

Kind regards,

Carl

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually we are watching

But rather than jumping into the fray (as we usually do) I waited to listen to more opinions.

Carl understands us properly. The intention here was to make this a forum to discuss Organizational Change related to Business Process centric thinking.

The BPX area introduces a new paradigm and at Mark Finnern's suggestion, the theme of Change Management was introduced.

I think we should improve the summary of what the forum <i>should</i> discuss rather than renaming the forum.

If the technical community is interested in having a forum discussing transport requests and change requests then please put that suggestion into the general community suggestions under

Even if this forum has been commandeered by technical questions, we can still help move those technical questions to their proper technical forum home.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marilyn,

well - who reads those descriptions? I didn't until now, and I doubt that the "normal" sdn user does...

Kind regards,

Carl

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Comment noted.

I'll see what I can do about the forum name change.

Thanks,

Marilyn

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carl,

I would second that but I am not sure if people check the parent forum before posting - Business Process Expert does not hold for questions on CTS...

But then .. changing the name would make it clearly evident!!!

Arun