Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intra Application Navigation

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two applications <b>existing in different projects</b>. How do I navigate from App1 to App2. I cannot use Inter Application navigation Technique as both the applications are not in the same Project.

Will This API be of any help:

wdComponentAPI.getDeployableObjectPart().getDeployableObjectName();

Or should I rely on wdPortalNavigation() as both applications would be on Portal.

Regards,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You can use the following code.

Make sure you replace <com.sap/applsdflights> with your component path name and <FlightApplication> with your application name.

Map urlParameters = new HashMap();

try {

WDDeployableObjectPart deployableObjectPart = WDDeployableObject.getDeployableObjectPart("com.sap/applsdflights", "FlightApplication", WDDeployableObjectPartType.APPLICATION);

String urlToTargetApp = WDURLGenerator.getApplicationURL(deployableObjectPart, urlParameters);

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createExternalWindow(urlToTargetApp, "Flights", false);

window.open();

} catch (WDURLException e) {

msgManager.raiseException(e.getLocalizedMessage(), false);

} catch (WDDeploymentException ex) {

msgManager.raiseException(ex.getLocalizedMessage(), false);

}

Thanks & Regards,

Shubham

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murals,

Simple way is to add other component as used DC.

You can then embed interface view of component2 in window of component1. Then define navigation links from component1 view.

Offcource this will work only if you have common repository for your components (i.e. DTR)

Ashutosh

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody. I am not using DC's as such here. So was thinking of another way to achieve it.

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidaran

Regardless your components existing in different projects you can use Public Parts to reference first development component from the second one.<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/04/43f00d8f027746a1e23267f22e8c71/frameset.htm">See help on Public Parts in Webdynpro components</a>

Based on such a reference you can include the second WD component as a navigation target from the first one.

BR

Sergei