cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jmsconnector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want to know what is the difference between jmsconnector service and jmsprovider exactly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i read that document and what i understand is jmsconnector component helps to connect to the jms provider easily through xml,is it right (or)not ?

if it is right what i understand ,i want some clarification why it is used to connect to the jmsprovider because we are also able to create jms destination and connection factories using jmsprovider

and if any problems are there by using jmsprovder.

if we create topic or queue by jmsconnector and jmsprovider both are same or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The jms_provider is the SAP implentation of the JMS specification. The jmsconnector serves as connector between your application and all possible jms implementations.

You should use the jmsconnector from your application.

The jmsconnector will handle the transaction management (i.e. if you want to commit your JMS session together with the EJB one), in addition there could be some hidden advantages for you (i.e. maintaining a pool of JMS resources behind the scenes, etc.)

Another point is that when you use the jmsconnector you can easily switch from the UI to alternative JMS implementations(for example if you already have existing JMS infrastructure you may try to used some other non-SAP JMS implementation).

Not very exact, but probably helpful analogy is that

jms_provider : jmsconnector is like MaxDB : OpenSQL DB connection

Hope that clarifies it a bit.

Peter

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/cf4e71c46cdb4da31153be96c5389f/frameset.htm">this document</a> and come back if you have any further questions.

Hope that helps!