cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM Password issue and errors for Web Dynpro Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After checking on SDN with regards to SDM Password and issue, I wonder what is the REAL default password for SDM when deploying web dynpro application.

Some mentioned it's "sdm".

Some mentioned it's "admin"

If refer to documentation (from Sneak Preview SAP Netweaver 2004), it's "abcd1234".

Anyhow, it accepted "admin" for my case, but I got an error when I click on "Deploy New Archive & Run". Hope someone can help me on this error. The error message as below:

Nov 6, 2006 11:04:15 AM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[011]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : nb00

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp3796Welcome.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp3796Welcome.ear

Aborted: development component 'Welcome'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2006.11.06.11.03.21':

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation.

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

Another issue is, although i am not able to deploy successfully (not even once), but if i click on "Run", it will launch browser, and the web dynpro program is works. Problem is, it's the old version. It deosn't display the latest version.

Can any guru out there explain and provide solution?

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Adam Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Error message sounds like "Administrators have the right to perform this operation". do you have admin rights? for deploying.

Check this thread once same problem but solved:

Regards, Suresh KB

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam Lee,

Try with "Administrator" user, we use this user as a default to deploy web dynpro applications. Try with this user from Portal Also.

If you are using Sneak Preview, use NWDS (IDE) Sneak Preview Compatible. Hopefully it solves your problem.

Regards,

Sridhar