cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate WAD and VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Since visual composer has only limited hierarchy support, i've implemented a WAD hierarchy dialog within VC as described in the following How To..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5a40f2f7-0c01-0010-d69f-c63...

Instead of directly filtering the table, I would like to use the output of the hierarchy dialog in an input form. The hierarchy dialog then functions as a value help for the input form. The problem is that I only get the 'undefined' value in the input form even after I have selected a hierarchy node.

Writing the hierarchy dialog output directly to a table shows the 'undefined' value plus the selected hierarchy node. It seems that the output is in the form of a list.

Any idea how I can only output the selected hierarchy node to the input form ?

Thanks

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, I wrote that guide. I just connected the output of signal in to a form and did the mapping and was able to write the selected value to a form and used this similar to the value help that you mentioned. Turn on the flash debugger and check that this is getting written to the form correctly. Paste the output of the xml string from the flash debugger here and I can help you resolve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parakash, thanks for the great guide! The server has just gone down for maintenance. I will post the xml string from the flash debugger once it's back up.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

The server is back-up. The xml strings that are passed are as follows:

First string before making selection (form shows undefined for F0MAINTLOC):

[AADXI] signalinAHAY0 -<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><Params version="2"><Row F0COORD_TYPE="PM01" /></Params>

After selection of text node 'All' (form still shows undefined for F0MAINTLOC):

[AADXI] signalinAHAY0 -<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><Params version="2"><Row F0COORD_TYPE="PM01" /><Row F0MAINTLOC="ZNO_ALL" /></Params>0HIER_NODE

A table I connected also show both undefined and ZNODE_ALL after making the selection in the hierarchy.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, let's simplify. Ultimately, I see why it's not working. You're receiving two rows which means it's a table. In general, I'm handling all your filters in one row, which is a form.

Please try this test:

1. Create a signal in and connect it to a form. Forget the query for now. When you set the event from the WAD, map F0MAINTLOC and F0COORD_TYPE fields on the signal in to the form fields to dispay the values and also make sure the flash debugger is on. Make sure these are mapped and received in the form successfully and if they are not, paste the flash debugger output here when triggering this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I've now created the form and mapped both fields to the form. I also connected the signal in to a table to see what happens as the form still shows undefined for F0MAINTLOC, it does show the filter for F0COORD_TYPE.

Table Output after selecting node all

F0COORD_TYPE F0MAINTLOC

PM01 undefined

undefined ZNO_ALL

The flash debugger shows the following after selecting node 'All':

52: [AADXI] schedulePlan(SIGNAL)

51: [AADXI] executeNext(shift plansQueue - length:0)

50: [AADXI] executeNext([STEP11])

49: [AADXI] schedulePlan(SELECT)

48: [AADXI] schedulePlan(GRID2_SELECT)

47: [AADXI] raiseEvent(GRID2, SELECT)

46: [AADXI] checkStep([STEP11])

45: [AADXI] [PLAN4] Repaint GRID2

44: [AADXI] executeNext([STEP10])

43: [AADXI] schedulePlan(SELECT)

42: [AADXI] schedulePlan(FORM1_SELECT)

41: [AADXI] raiseEvent(FORM1, SELECT)

40: [AADXI] checkStep([STEP10])

39: [AADXI] [PLAN4] Repaint FORM1

38: [AADXI] executeNext([STEP4])

37: [AADXI] checkStep([STEP4])

36: [AADXI] [PLAN4] Copy ISIGNAL1 -> GRID2

35: [AADXI] executeNext([STEP3])

34: [AADXI] checkStep([STEP3])

33: [AADXI] [PLAN4] Copy ISIGNAL1 -> FORM1

32: [AADXI] executeNext([STEP12])

31: [AADXI] [PLAN4] Reset FORM1, GRID2

30: [AADXI] executeNext([STEPundefined])

29: [AADXI] schedulePlan(ISIGNAL1_SIGNAL)

28: [AADXI] raiseEvent(ISIGNAL1, SIGNAL)

27: [AADXI] signalinAHAY0 -<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><Params version="2"><Row F0COORD_TYPE="PM01" /><Row F0MAINTLOC="ZNO_ALL" /></Params>0HIER_NODE

26: [AADXI] schedulePlan(SIGNAL)

25: [AADXI] executeNext(shift plansQueue - length:0)

24: [AADXI] executeNext([STEP11])

23: [AADXI] schedulePlan(SELECT)

22: [AADXI] schedulePlan(GRID2_SELECT)

21: [AADXI] raiseEvent(GRID2, SELECT)

20: [AADXI] checkStep([STEP11])

19: [AADXI] [PLAN3] Repaint GRID2

18: [AADXI] executeNext([STEP10])

17: [AADXI] schedulePlan(SELECT)

16: [AADXI] schedulePlan(FORM1_SELECT)

15: [AADXI] raiseEvent(FORM1, SELECT)

14: [AADXI] checkStep([STEP10])

13: [AADXI] [PLAN3] Repaint FORM1

12: [AADXI] executeNext([STEP4])

11: [AADXI] checkStep([STEP4])

10: [AADXI] [PLAN3] Copy ISIGNAL1 -> GRID2

9: [AADXI] executeNext([STEP3])

8: [AADXI] checkStep([STEP3])

7: [AADXI] [PLAN3] Copy ISIGNAL1 -> FORM1

6: [AADXI] executeNext([STEP12])

5: [AADXI] [PLAN3] Reset FORM1, GRID2

4: [AADXI] executeNext([STEPundefined])

3: [AADXI] schedulePlan(ISIGNAL1_SIGNAL)

2: [AADXI] raiseEvent(ISIGNAL1, SIGNAL)

1: [AADXI] signalinAHAY0 -<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><Params version="2"><Row F0COORD_TYPE="PM01" /></Params>

Thanks again,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I solved it, I was wondering why the filter on 0COORD_TYPE was being passed. This was only because the query I used for having the hierarchy also had a filter on 0COORD_TYPE.

I've now changed that to a query that only has the 0MAINTLOC hierarchy in there. This works fine as it is now no table anymore.

One more question, the form is only editable after I have selected a node in the hierarchy. Any way I can change that, I tried connecting a start point to the form, but that is not possible since the filter is already connected to the input of the form.

Thanks

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I'll change this behaviour. My intention was to handle all filters in a singular row (or form) instead of a table, so the multiple filter scenario should have worked. I'll change my transform to handle this scenario and publish a newer version of the guide shortly. This way, these scenarios all write to the same row, and you won't have this problem with tables being created. I'll update this post when I update the guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I have one more question that you might be able to answer. Now that I have the WAD connected to the form as a value help the rest of the form is grayed out. I tried to connect a start point to the input form, but that is not possible as the WAD signal is already connected to the input port.

Do you have any idea how I can change this behaviour ?

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand your question. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've updated this how to guide to add a bunch of bug fixes and enhancements. There is a version history which explains what I've added.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5a40f2f7-0c01-0010-d69f-c63...

Cheers,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the great updates to the how to document. I'm still trying to achieve an input form with value help for the hierarchy infoObject. That all works now using your how to. The only problem is that the other fields in the input form are greyed out when I startup the i-view. You first have to select a hierarchy node before you can fill in the other input fields.

Normally I would just connect a start point to the input form, but that is not possible because the hierarchy value help is already connected to the input form.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you detail out the scenario a little more. What are you trying to achieve in the end? I'm still unclear on your scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the end the input form should be a combination of several selection fields, one of them using a hierarchy value help. This all work fine, but all fields are 'inactive' or grayed out, except for the WAD hierarchy selection button. After having selected a hierarchy node the input form becomes 'active'.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer.

Thanks

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll run some tests on this and get back to you shortly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Another question. I want to use your inbound service to pass a from and a to value to a variable of 0CALMONTH. I can't get this to work, although looking at the source code of the webtemplate it looks like the variables are passed correctly.

If I select 09.2006 until 11.2006 the source code of the web template is:

<VARIABLES>

<VARIABLE name="VAR_20061102104721" type="INFO_OBJECT_MEMBER" text="Location Hierarchy">

<SELECTIONS/>

</VARIABLE>

<VARIABLE name="VAR_20061102171041" type="INFO_OBJECT_MEMBER" text="Month of LAFD">

<SELECTIONS>

<SELECTION type="INTERVAL">

<LOW_VALUE>

<MEMBER name="200609" type="MEMBER" text="09.2006"/>

</LOW_VALUE>

<HIGH_VALUE>

<MEMBER name="200611" type="MEMBER" text="11.2006"/>

</HIGH_VALUE>

</SELECTION>

</SELECTIONS>

</VARIABLE>

</VARIABLES>

But the webtemplate still shows all the months.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't setup intervals support. Only single values or multiple single values. I'll add the intervals in the next version and publish it in the coming weeks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One question. How do you want to pass the variable range from VC to WAD? Currently, we are passing fields out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to pass them using formula: @FROM& ':' &@TO.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I have changed my query to use a single type variable for calendar month. I still can't get it to work. If I use output @KEY as specified in your how to, I get an error message that the variable has the wrong format. If I change it to @KEY_EXT, it doesn't give me the error, but it also doesn't filter.

The source of the webtemplate in visual composer is as follows if I select 11.2006:

<VARIABLES>

<VARIABLE name="VAR_20061115113759" type="INFO_OBJECT_MEMBER" text="Month of LAFD (Single, Opt)">

<SELECTIONS>

<SELECTION type="SINGLE_MEMBER">

</SELECTION>

</SELECTIONS>

</VARIABLE>

<VARIABLE name="VAR_20061102104721" type="INFO_OBJECT_MEMBER" text="Location Hierarchy">

<SELECTIONS/>

</VARIABLE>

</VARIABLES>

The strange thing is that if I run the webtemplate stand-alone (not in visual composer) and go to the variable screen via the context menu (filter->variable screen) and select 11.2006 the query isn't filtered! The source looks exactly the same as above.

The only way the variable screen works is by force it to always show the variable screen in the webtemplate. This was the query is filtered and the code looks as follows:

<VARIABLES>

<VARIABLE name="VAR_20061115113759" type="INFO_OBJECT_MEMBER" text="Month of LAFD (Single, Opt)">

<SELECTIONS>

</SELECTION>

</SELECTIONS>

</VARIABLE>

<SELECTIONS/>

</VARIABLE>

</VARIABLES>

<SELECTION_SPACE>

<SELECTION type="CARTESIAN_PRODUCT">

<CHARACTERISTICS/>

</SELECTION>

</SELECTION_SPACE>

<SELECTION_STATE>

<SELECTION type="CARTESIAN_PRODUCT">

<CHARACTERISTICS>

<CHARACTERISTIC name="0CALMONTH">

<SELECTIONS>

</SELECTION>

</SELECTIONS>

</CHARACTERISTIC>

The last part where it actually filters 0CALMONTH is added. This is missing in all the other examples above, any ideas ?

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgrade your support package to SPS10. I'm on SPS10 and am not having this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will include the ":" as interval syntax in my next version of this paper.

Cheers,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I've now upgraded to support pack 10, but the issue still remains. Any other ideas ?

Thanks

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Can I use you service inbound to pass hierarchy values to the WAD ?

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not with the native solution I published, but it can be enhanced to support this scenario, but you have to define your own symantics for how you want to define a hierarchy. Maybe create a new event in VC called HiearchyOut and enhance the service inbound to do this. If I have time, I'll add this, but will not have time for the next few months for this.

former_member201781
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I too need to integrate WAD and VC to accomodate the hierarchy filter. I follow your guide step by step. My requirements is similar to the scenario 6.1 in the guide; I need to have a button value help which invoke the hierarchy dialog and then send as a filter to the query. I was able to display the hierarchy in VC when clicking on the button value help but the problem is when the selection was made; there's nothing happen; the value doesn't send back to query to get filter.

I tried to turn the flash debugger on and I don't see any event being populated after making the selection from the hierarchy (in fact, nothing happens). I did try to just use the simple form to map the filter and nothing happens as well; the form input field is blank.

Any help from you is greatly appreciated!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash/Thomas,

Hope someone is still watching this thread .I too have a requirement as per your document with the only exception of an input field in a form which should get the value chosen by the value help and submit the same to the query.

I have used a signal in and the webapi is mapped too . But cant seem to get the value chosen into the form.Also have a doubt as to whether the signal-in should be connected to the form input or the query ?Would appreciate any help.

Rgds

Answers (0)