cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling an outbound interface via ABAP report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Anyone knows if it is possible call an outbound interface (ABAP proxy) via ABAP report (se38)? The idea is develop a report and inside them an outbound method of SPROXY is called and sends the content of an internal table to XI synchronously.

In the other side, XI sends this message to a web service that decrypts the data and sends it back to my ABAP report that is waiting for this decrypted data.

I also would like to develop this web service on a j2ee stack of XI. Anyone has experience on that, is it possible? How can I import the java libraries? If is not possible, I’m thinking if a java mapping could it be a nice solution…

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>> if it is possible call an outbound interface (ABAP proxy) via ABAP report (se38)?

of course it is, that's the most common way

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

>>>>I also would like to develop this web service on a j2ee stack of XI. Anyone has experience on that, is it possible? How can I import the java libraries? If is not possible, I’m thinking if a java mapping could it be a nice solution…

do you want to create a WS call just to decrypt?

if so create a java proxy that will handle

the encryption/decryption on your j2ee stack

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

First, thank you all for the prompt answers.

Michal, your idea of using a java proxy sounds me great! I don’t have any experience with java proxies, so I start to search related documentation and I found a few PDF documents. In one of them, I read this: <i>“The Java proxy runtime is part of the XI 3.0 J2EE Adapter Framework. Though the Adapter Framework is part of the XI 3.0 installation, we strongly advise you not to deploy any application code in the XI system. You need to install a non-central Adapter Framework.”</i> This is really needed? Do you know which disadvantage brings me if I deploy the application code directly? I’m a developer and it seems to me a complex task installing this non-central AF and develope this interface in one week, so I would like to skip this task and use the central AF of XI.

I planned my scenario like this way: On SAP ERP I have an ABAP report that calls the sync method of a sproxy outbound interface. The message with the encrypted parameter is send to XI, in your turn; XI sends this message to the java proxy inbound interface (as a server into XI). In the java proxy reside java algorithms (still I did not find) that decrypt this parameters using Triple-DES algorithm and sends the message back with decrypted data to the ABAP report.

I came from ABAP and I don’t have much experience working with Java technologies. So, if you don’t mind I would like ask you another question; how much time is necessary for develop an interface like this (With someone with experience)?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Message was edited by: Ricardo Quintino

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you're from ABAP maybe you can try

report: SSF02 and see if it's possible in ABAP?

(I've only tried signing with that and it worked fine)

>>>>So, if you don’t mind I would like ask you another question; how much time is necessary for develop an interface like this (With someone with experience)?

if we have libraries to use

1-2 days for dev 1-2 days for testing

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using this transaction, but the SSF (Secure Store & Forward) interface is restricted to public key technology and I we doesn't have this infrastructure. My customer needs only symmetric encryption with Triple-DES algorithm. That’s the reason that I'm trying to find a nice workaround...

I think the Java proxy could be a nice approach. About the disadvantages of deploying the application code directly in central Adapter Framework of XI, do you see any problem on that?

Thanks again, Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using this transaction, but the SSF (Secure Store & Forward) interface is restricted to public key technology and I we doesn't have this infrastructure. My customer needs only symmetric encryption with Triple-DES algorithm. That’s the reason that I'm trying to find a nice workaround...

I think the Java proxy could be a nice approach. About the disadvantages of deploying the application code directly in central Adapter Framework of XI, do you see any problem on that?

Thanks again, Ricardo.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>I think the Java proxy could be a nice approach.

it depends on the message volume probably

as encryption is always resource consuming

if you want to be sure you can always go for WS

and deploy the WS anywhere (in many technologies)

BTW

with both WS and java proxies you can use attachments

so it will be easier to encrypt the whole attachment

(but you need to use an abap proxy to send/receive it)

one more approach to consider would be to buy

an application that you call from ABAP

that would do the encryption

as with XI approach you will have a lot of secure data

stored in many logs (R3 -> XI - WS)

only the return way back will contain it

in the encrypted form <-- this is not an issue ?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The WS could it be another nice solution. But is it possible deploy a WS into the XI java stack? I'm asking this because XI is the only system with a java stack (engine) that we has!

Regards, Ricardo.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>But is it possible deploy a WS into the XI java stack?

hehe yes but then you will have the same issue

as with a proxy as it's exactly the same engine

but! you can create a WS in MS technology (NET)

and put it on one of the IIS servers ?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Do you know which are the advantages and disadvantages (differences) of Java Proxy versus Web Service?

If I forget the WS and Java Proxy and put this decrypt algorithm as a user defined function or into a java mapping.

The same Business system that sends the encrypted message, receives it decrypted in ABAP proxy.

This is possible? Do you see any constraints on that?

Thanks once more,

Ricardo.

Message was edited by: Ricardo Quintino

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

WS is a standard so you can use it with many technologies

(one day everything will use WS...:)

java proxy is mainly for java programming

so the development can be done only in java

these are two different technologies

but it from your point of view the important

issue is if you want to put it on your j2ee XI server

or not

if you build an WS or java proxy on j2ee

you can always tranport it to any other server

(in case you realy need it) as you will have the code

but it's your choice as you know what the SAP recommends

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Just one more thing! If I forget the WS and Java Proxy and put this decrypt algorithm as a user defined function or maybe into a java mapping.

The same Business system that sends the encrypted message, receives it decrypted in ABAP proxy...

This is possible? Do you see any constraints on that?

Thanks once more,

Ricardo.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

sure it's possible but...

<b>you won't be able to use the attachment!</b>

but it's the same as using a java proxy,

as you put the application code on j2ee engine

>>>>The same Business system that sends the encrypted message, receives it decrypted in ABAP proxy...

I didn't try that with the same business system

but why not if you need to

Regards,

michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another alternative is to execute a java script for encryption/decryption from an ABAP Proxy itself.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos