cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>generatePdf-This mode value is used to generate a new PDF document from the data source and the template.</b>

The above is the given definition for the generatepdf mode of interactive form UI element in webdynpro.

I have mapped the datasource property of the ui element with the contex node.(cardinality is 1:n).So it will use that context values.

What does that template mean?Should I save the designed template in any one subfolder of the project.

If so give me the location .

What is the correct cardinality of the context node?

What does template refered here mean to?

Thanks,

Shamila.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The context cardinality of the mapped node is 0..n and selectiion is 0..1.

By using node of elements u can access the data and you can store in your PDF src/mimes/components/application package name.

It might helps,

Thanks,

Lohi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

Should I explicitly store the template in

src/mimes/components/application for generating the pdf in mode generate pdf, before deploying the application.

In webdynpro I am not having an option to save the form ?

Then if I want to save the form how can i save it.

Thanks in advance,

Shamila.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the design time only you can goto preview there you have an option to save that might be save in local system and it can utilize means u need to put in what i mention the folder structure u put over there and you can utilize.

Thanks,

Lohi.

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shamila

In all SAP integration environments, incl. Web Dynpro, you don't need to anything with the template except create it (in WD by dragging and dropping an InteractiveForm UI element onto the view). SAP takes care of storing the template in the appropriate location in the database. You save the template with all the other data through the corresponding menu item in the Developer Studio.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management