cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Question about XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am learning XI and picking up quickly. I have couple question in XI.I know the question which are raised are very basic and please bare me. I would be glad and will be awarded points for good explanation for the below questions,

1. for scenarios like Web service>XIRFCWeb service or FileXIRFCWeb Service or XX XIRFC--XX (XX could be any thing) , Do we have to use BPM compulsorily if so why do we go for BPM and why not without BPM?

2. Scenarios like XXXIIDOC--XX, do we have to use BPM again?

3. While Designing the Data Types, you have Occurrence Field where we define the MinOccurs and MaxOccurs. What happen when you select the following option in below.

a. 0—0 , 0---1, 0…unbounded , 1…0,1..1,1….unbounded

4. In Message Interface, when do we go for Abstract—Synchronous and Abstract ---Asynchronous. When do we select Abstract Category option?

5. In BPM why do we define Outbound—Asynchronous and Abstract – Asynchronous for Outbound Process and Inbound --- Asynchronous and Abstract – Asynchronous for Inbound Process and one Abstract – Synchronous option? I hope I am clear here.

6. In Configuration, What is the difference between Business System and Business Service and in which scenarios do we use them?

Thanks in advance

Ajaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Compulsion of BPM is depending on the Business Scenario and requirement. For e.g you have synchrnous part and you need to have Async communication is also involved in this. So in this case u need to go for BPM.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/d92e428819da2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

For Mapping/Occurence Releated Questions- Refer-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9202d890-0201-0010-1588-adb...

4)>>> Abstract Interfaces are used in the BPM. When you go for BPM , then your message interfaces should be Abstract.

Business System- is logical system, and there is an importance on physical existence of the system. It has an SLD entry

Business Service- A business service represents an abstract unit for addressing the senders and receivers of messages. So it is created in the integration directory and you can attach any type/no. of message interfaces for that. As it is Abstract, it doesnot have any physical existence in the SLD

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The execution of the BPM take place on IS(Integration Server), i.e after the message sent and before receiving it.

(Sender)Message-SENT->(IS (BPM))->ReceiveMessage(Receiver)

So with the help of the Abstract Interfaces the Integration Process get the messages ass well send the messages(In other words its acts as a Inbound and Outbound interface both)

if you would like to go more on details for the same then do not skip to open this

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4b/d26b3d32390968e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Communication Parameters</a>

Thanks & Regards,

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Chemmanz/Chandrasekhar Poorna/Krishna Moorthy P

thank you all for your kind answers. Most of the question are cleared. but i would be great if you all can give me more information on Business System and Business Service. (Like any docs or any weblogs)

i awarded points as i promised.

thanks once again dear...

Regards

Ajaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The landscape directory provides an exact picture of the elements installed in the system landscape as well as the connections between the systems. These elements are built on top of the products and components defined in the Component Repository of the SLD. As seen in the Roadmap, the primary building blocks are Technical Systems (can normally be thought of as a physical system, such as a SAP server) and Business Systems (derived from the related technical system, such as a specific SAP client used for a particular business purpose).

<b>Technical Systems</b> in XI are the conceptual representation of a physical system, such as a physical SAP server with a number of Software Components installed.

<b>Business Systems</b> in XI are the conceptual representation of a logical system, such as a specific client on a SAP server or a 3rd Party payroll application. Business Systems in the Integration Builder become the partners that exchange message information.

And coming to business service...

A <b>Business Service</b> represents an abstract, addressable unit. Business services are used in cross-company processes, for example, if the parties involved have only published their interfaces and not their system landscape, or it is only partly known. Using a business service, you can define the technical or business subunits of the companies involved and then assign them the relevant interfaces.

hope this will solve ur problem....

i dont think we have documents on this topic...

Cheers,

Raghavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azias,

This is chandrasekhar,AS you said is your new to XI.It is very good way to learn things which you don't know using the SDN site.I am also new to XI I have started my journey 2 months ago.Let me share my knowledge which I can meet your doubts.

1)Business Processes,nowadays,transcend organizational boundaries.In order to synchronize busniess processes across organizations,we need a platform which can not only receive messages from system but process them intelligently and in logical sequence.

Business Process Management is required where abusiness processes across organizations opertaing on disparate software systems are able to synchronize effectively.

2)Not coumplulsary

3)When the minimum occurs is 1 is means that it is mandatory field.

Mostly all the target fields will be declared minumum occurs is 1

4)It is very good question...let me reach you out my level best.

Modes are categorized as 3 types.

1)Synchronous 2)Asynchornous 3)Abstract.

Synchronous:It gives you Acknowledgement.

Asynchornous:It did not give you any Acknowledgement.

Abstract:This is very important for BPM like scenarios.It act as Bi-Directional,When you are using BPM you need to create Message Interfaces of Abstract Interface,The creaed Abstract interfaces you will be calling at the of developing your scenario is using BPM.

So,by councluding Abstract Interface acts as bi directional that is why we will be using these interfaces in BPM.

I will be updating the remaining answers quickly.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find your answers below.

1. for scenarios like Web service>XIRFCWeb service or FileXIRFCWeb Service or XX XIRFC--XX (XX could be any thing) , Do we have to use BPM compulsorily if so why do we go for BPM and why not without BPM?

>> BPM is not compulsory. But if the business logic is complex you will have to go for BPM. For ex: if you want to use correlation,exception handlers, etc.

2. Scenarios like XXXIIDOC--XX, do we have to use BPM again?

>> same as above

3. While Designing the Data Types, you have Occurrence Field where we define the MinOccurs and MaxOccurs. What happen when you select the following option in below.

a. 0—0 , 0---1, 0…unbounded , 1…0,1..1,1….unbounded

>> denotes occurenece of an element or node

(0,0) - no Occurrence

(0,1) - Occurrence can be 0 or 1

(1,0) - error

( 0…unbounded)- Occurrence can be 0 to infinity

(1..1) - only once. mandatory

1….unbounded - Occurrence can be 1 to infinity . mandatory

4. In Message Interface, when do we go for Abstract—Synchronous and Abstract ---Asynchronous. When do we select Abstract Category option?

>> Abstract interfaces are mainly used in BPMs.

Abstract interfaces can be used for both inbound and outbound operations.

Abstract—Synchronous - >For req and res

Abstract ---Asynchronous -> one way

5. In BPM why do we define Outbound—Asynchronous and Abstract – Asynchronous for Outbound Process and Inbound --- Asynchronous and Abstract – Asynchronous for Inbound Process and one Abstract – Synchronous option? I hope I am clear here.

>> coz only abstract interfaces are possible in BPM

6. In Configuration, What is the difference between Business System and Business Service and in which scenarios do we use them?

Business System > denotes a physical system

Business Service > denotes a service like webservice, Httpservice etc.

HTH

Chemmanz