cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defined Application Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether we can add/create user defined Components in solution manager?ie for the Component field in the 'Create Message' screen,in the 'Select Application Component'(F4) drop down whether we can create our own components?

Regards,

Cherry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

sorry for the late response, but I just found the thread two month ago.

Yes, it is possible to have your own components, but with a big BUT. The components are stored in the tables DSWP_CSNCOMP (data) and DSWPCSNCOMPTXT (text). In the data table all available components are stored in a random order but with a subsequent identification number. This number must be in a complete subsequent order without any gaps. Holding this condition you can put now your own components into.

But now the mentioned BUT: In regular timeframes the Solution Manager contacts SAP to update this table. Of course your own components are not available so they are overwritten during the update. Therefore you have to think for a mechanism (batch job e.g.) that updates ypur components also on a regular base.

Hope that helps, Alexander

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot have your components. There it is SAP Core. go to SE81, is that all you mean adding your own components. No it is not possible to have your components.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

My requirement is if i can have my own components,during the support message creation i can select the user defined components.I hope there might be someway to achive this.If you create it in SE81,you won't get it in support message creation screen.

Regards,

Cherry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cherry,

Im having the same requirement as yours, did you managed to solve it?

Please comment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any body have any clue on this?

Regards,

Cherry