cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM in solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We had implemented the SM3.2 (change request management ,EWA and Support desk) in 3-tier landscape, my question is whether we can implement the Change Request Management in 2 tier landscape .

The scenario which we have is 2-systems -

Production with 700 & 900 client and Development with 200 , 300 , 400 .

200---Development client

300---Customizing client

400---Testing client

700---Pre production client

900---Production client

Usually by normal transport system we use to take the request from 200 & 300 to 400, after that we again test it in 700 then take it to 900 production client.

Now please suggest that how we can configure change request in this scenario, if not possible can clients within the system be configure as different system.

can we configure the ChaRM as 200>400>900 where 200 & 400 are the clients of same server or 200>700>900 .

Thanks in advance|| urgent

Chirag Kohli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Please can you give link of guide to Configuration of CHARM.

I need to know what settings are required from CRM side. I have transport routes configured and RFC connections setup between Solution manager and satellite systems.

thanks

Rahul Kunte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will support for Java changes in CHARM be part of the next release of Solution Manager? Is that in ramp-up? Thanks!

G.P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cherry

thanks a lot .

Just one more thing. i want to know do we need to change the transport management system settings(in terms of transport routes) to implement the ChaRM as they are using it to take the request to production as mention in the msg earlier (for 2-system landscape).

Can we start with the ChaRM by creating the domain link and few basic settings as mention in guide.

thx in advance||urgent

regards

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

All the relevant TMS Configuration is mandatory for ChaRM.

Prakash

thomas_muhler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

you must configure the TMS in your ChaRM target TMS landscape with Extended Transport Control. Only with only with this tms attitude you can run ChaRM. Have a look to TA SPRO.

I hope I understand the question.

Regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash

i am using different Transport group for dev and prd & different domain for Solution manager and PRD , is it ok or i have to change ?

Also i have created a transport target gr. with 700 900 and 400 .

But still both the routes are not working ..it is giving error as two dev system cannot assign to the same production system in maintenance cycle.

do i have to do the requird setting by 2 projects with 2 routes .

please help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can,you have configure the STMS using the Transport Group concepts,which allow you to define transports to various clients and create a domain link to this from solution manager.

Regards,

Cherry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear cherry , prakash and tom..

See i think i am still not able to clear the scenerio.....

1. Dev box is having 200 300 400 clients

2. Prd is having 700 900 client ..now i want to take the request by both of following routes -->

1. 200--> 900....as the 200 is workbench client so testing not required

in this case i got stuck after releasing the request frm dev server .........now no option in change document for importing it directly to production is there .

2. 300-->400 for testing in dev customzing scenerio.

then 300--> 700 for testing in PRD customzing scenerio.

then from 300 --->900.

no idea how to do this.

i hav done all the customizing required alongwith CTC=1 extended tr. control as i have already had configured CHARM in 3-system landscape

simply i want to ask that what should be the TMS route structure for such kind of scenerio.

Also u have mentioned that it can b done through transport gr.........is it transport gr or transport target group u are talking abt.

it will be very grate full if u can forward me the e-mail id at kohli.chirag@gmail.com

chirag