cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling SAPGui depending on BAPI Output and User selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

can I somehow call a SAPGui (like in the transaction iView) depending on BAPI Output and the selection of a user?

The problem is the following:

Through an input form, a BAPI function receives an input parameter. I then get several results and want to select one of these results. With this result a predefined transaction <b>with SAPGui</b> should start.

For example transaction MW23 with purchase order number 1234567.

Does anybody know a solution to this?

Thanks, Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To open a certain SAPGui transaction in the iView generated by VC you should probably use an HTML view (that adds any URL based view into your iView) in the following way:

1. On the result table, create an additional field which will be calculated dynamically.

2. Use the dynamic expression editor to write a calculation expression to calculate the URL of SAPGui to be opened including the value from the result. For example:

"http://myserver.company.domain/somthing/sap?trans="+@FieldName

3. Add the HTML view to the diagram and connect it to the result list

4. Map the new calculated field you created to be used as the URL for the HTML view (this is done on the properties of the link)

That should do the work.

Regards,

Yaniv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the fast answer.

I'm not sure whether we're talking about the same.

There is the WinGui, HTMLGui and JavaGui you can choose in a default transaction iView.

For the HTMLGui you need - as far as I know - an ITS, right? We don't have an ITS so what I want to do is to call the WinGui. Does this refer to your solution?

Regards, Rebecca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

I am not familiar with WinGui. The bottom line is that you can integrate any external content that is HTML based using the HTML view component and by specifying (or dynamically calculating) the source URL.

So you can embed any iView or other HTML content you already have.

Regards,

Yaniv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rebecca,

I think with Portal EP6 sp2, I heard you no longer require ITS.

Due to security features, I afraid you may not be able to launch front end GUI.

If the above is possible, I am interested in the solution.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

as far as I know, you always need an ITS if you want to present a transaction in Portal as HTMLGUI.

However, I now found a way how to use the transaction iView with the WINGui. Of course, the SAPGui client has to be installed locally.

With the following URL the transaction iView can be called and the user can jump into a certain transaction with a certain parameter, in this case with the purchase order number:

('http://SERVER:50000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3a!2f!2fportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2ftemplates!2fiviews!2fcom.sap.portal.sap_transaction_iview?System=Q06&TCode=me22n&GuiType=WinGui&DynamicParameter=%7EOKCODE%3D%26RM06E-BSTNR%3D')(@PO_NUMBER)('&SAP_Dynp_AutoStart=true')

Whereas

SERVER has to be adapted,

Q06 is a system for R/3 configured in the portal,

TCode can be any transaction which can accept parameters,

@PO_NUMBER is the variable from visual composer.

Regards, Rebecca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rebecca.

Raju