cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comm Channel-driven data in map?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to define a named constant (or set of constants as name-value pairs) on the communication channel level. I would like to then be able to reference these names in my mapping program in order to do a value substitution.

I will have multiple configuration scenarios all using the same maps, but representing different "customers". I would like to be able to populate one or more values in my mapping programs with values unique to each customer.

I'm not quite sure how to do this.

I'm not versed in ABAP at all, but can use Java here if need be.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen this, but I'm not sure how to apply it. Is there a "dummies" overview of this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

We have a very good weblogs and video presentation on this. Go through this urls which will help you:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/xi?rid=/webcontent/uuid/a680445e-0501-0010-1c94-a8c4a... [original link is broken]

Check VALUE MAPPING REPLICATION in this link.

Also ref. the link on value mapping in https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/xi-elearning

Check this weblogs:

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/01/05/design-time-value-mappings-in-xslt

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/03/30/xpath-functions-in-xslt-mapping

Also check this threads:

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen a lot of this stuff, but I apologize as I cannot get my head around it from all of this documentation.

Can someone tell me, in simple terms, the relationship between the value mappings and the communication channel? And from that, how that's used in the function calls in the mapping program?

I need to define a common set of name/value pairs... then there will be multiple instances of this set of n/v pairs... based on customer.

For example, I need to default an email address in my target format, where there is no corresponding value in the source document. So, I want to set up a "variable" to represent this email address and have it populate the target field. However, the value of the email address changes depending on comm channel... multiple comm channels will be using the same maps, as you understand.

Am I being clear? I am new to XI (and SAP systems in general), so I know what I need to go logically, but the documentation about value mapping is not lining up to what I think I need to do.

thanks in advance